Low Calorie yet filling fast food options?

Options
I Just started my weight loss plan and one week in I have week long training. Long story short during this training I cannot bring my own food and am at the will of my location as to what there is to eat - it's all fast food.

For the past two days I have had the salad options (McDonald's ceasar with light dressing and grilled chicken, and Wendy's Apple Peacan with no sauce or cheese) only problem is that within an hour my stomach is rumbling!!

I've managed to sneak in some pre-packaged cereal bars to our room, but we are not allowed food in the training room, but at 100 - 200 cal each it adds up quick.

My calorie goal is 1200 / day. I am not going over it - tonight I ended up having my pasta sauce over raw cauliflower to avoid going over on the pasta.

Anyone been in a similar situation and have anything to suggest? I would hate to falter so soon into my plan, as last Saturday was already a right off due to not being home.

Replies

• erimethia_fekre
    erimethia_fekre Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You can't bring a protein bar? Water? That would be my option over fast food
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    300 calories and 11 grams of protein in McDonald's cheeseburger.
    250 calories and 23 grams of protein in Wendy's large chili.
    Both of them have apps that let you look for the calories and nutritional information to help you find your best choice.
  • pussingtonp
    pussingtonp Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have a blackberry - so I would assume right off that the app doesn't work. I think I was just scared to go for the burgers and such as I had no idea what the calorific content would be - seems like it's not too bad!! Thanks RodaRose!!
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    The Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich (mcds ) Is Around 350 And It's delish.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I would put some almonds & a couple protein bars in your pocket or purse and eat it on your break. Hide in the bathroom or outside with the smokers if you must! They probably are at the mercy of the establishment hence the no food policy. If its a safety/security/electronics thing, then keep it in your purse/jacket out of site till you are released from the room.

Some training classes have hard boiled eggs to offer or at least in their dining area. You are so new starting I don't blame you for wanting to succeed during this hard time. Eat a hamburger with extra lettuce & tomato & eat the grilled chicken same way. Protein will keep you satiated longer.

(eta, shoot I'd prob make myself sandwiches for the week, lol. Bread & Peanutbutter keep in a hotel room, then toss the leftovers before you get on the plane.)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of the hard boiled eggs.

For lunch, I'd pick the Premium McWrap with Grilled Chicken - 430 calories. It comes with bacon, which adds another 70 calories.

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/product_nutrition.chickenfish.3903.premium-mcwrap-chicken-bacon-grilled.html

Here's the full menu. You can customize to see how subtracting things changes calories: http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/full_menu/full_menu_explorer.html