A discovery...

Options
Gozergirl
Gozergirl Posts: 36 Member
I'm depressed today, it happens, but usually I turn to food. I went and poured myself a snack and settled in to wallow in front of the tv. Suddenly I realized that not only was I not hungry, i needed to DO something. So I put the snack back, and cleaned the bathroom. Im still sad, but now I am at least productive!

Replies

• OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    Congrats on fighting the urge. I don't eat when I'm depressed, but I do have a bad habit of eating when I'm bored. It's a habit that will be hard to break, but I feel like I can do it.
  • fourterrys
    fourterrys Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thats great! I used to do the same thing- eating when I was bored or depressed. Its really a habit that needs to be broken. Im working on it too. Congrats to you for putting the food away and being productive. And a bonus is that you probably feel better that the bathroom is clean :)
  • NC_Girl
    NC_Girl Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I just got back from taking a walk because I was feeling bad. I feel so much better. I actually have a smile on my face!
  • tomatosoup3
    tomatosoup3 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    i second taking a walk! it's SO hard to just get up and out of the house, but even a 20 minute walk does wonders for my mood. maybe you can force yourself to get some air and sunshine!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!