Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »
    I want a baby moose.

Well, let's get you one then! :D

blanket_cream.jpg

Or, is this what you are talking about? They're twins!

1402161283000-Moose-Sighting-1.jpg

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    I want a baby moose.

Well, let's get you one then! :D

blanket_cream.jpg

Or, is this what you are talking about? They're twins!

1402161283000-Moose-Sighting-1.jpg

I am so sorry for helping hijack this thread, OP, but that's ADORABLE.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm dying of moose cuteness right now :'( LOOK AT THEM
  • kk_inprogress
    Options

They deserve their own thread.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »

They deserve their own thread.

They do, so that I can go back to it every dayyyy!
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    @Alyssa_Is_LosingIt well that's what I've been doing, but my doctor told me I'm not losing it as fast as he would like. And told me to try one of the other. (I've lost almost 17lbs in 46ish days)

oh wow, your doctor is ..... something.

find a new one, lol. 17 lbs in less than 2 months is quite a lot. good job!
  • ValerieGaniron
    ValerieGaniron Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Haha overload of baby moose. Now I want a pet baby moose!!! @Kimegatron @kkenseth @SLLRunner
  • ValerieGaniron
    Options
    @Blueseraphchaos thank you, and I'm coming to realize he's not someone I should listen too!
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    Haha overload of baby moose. Now I want a pet baby moose!!! @Kimegatron @kkenseth @SLLRunner

Even if your doctor recommends it, please don't. I really would hate it if you got beat up by a mama moose.
  • RMCottonRPh
    RMCottonRPh Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am a pharmacist. Alli is garbage. It works by blocking 25% of dietary fat from being absorbed. However, it is supposed to be taken while following a diet with a max of 15 grams of fat per meal, meaning 45 grams of fat per day. 45 grams of fat daily x 9 calories per gram of fat= 405 calories per day. If 25% of those are blocked, you will basically net an extra loss of 100 calories per day....that is not even a pound per month. For the cost of those tablets per month, you could join a gym or buy a lot of healthy groceries that will get you farther. Also, since Alli only works on fat, you can still overeat carbs and protein and not lose a thing! Save your money.
    PS: Don't even get me started on the side effects. Better buy some Depends.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    The only "good" thing Alli does is make you extremely aware of eating anything more than a minimal amount of fat.

It does that through the aforementioned "oily discharge" which occurs without much warning and can lead to the aforementioned poo in the pants issue.
  • ValerieGaniron
    Options
    lcm3zcvkyi7y.jpg
    Thp7in8gnaxbfk.jpg
    this moose was in my back yard this winter, I've seen so many moose it's crazy! @kkenseth
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Honestly, your doctor is full of it. It (doesn't) Works is a bunch of MLM woo pushing bullsh!t. Also, unless you're fond of crapping yourself, stay away from Alli. Hell, just stay away from all the "weight loss" pills! Keep doing what you've been doing, and you'll get there! You've been seeing results already, and that weight wasn't gained overnight. Therefore, it won't come off overnight either. It's a process that takes time and effort, something you've already been applying.

Also, great job on the weight loss you've already had! :)
  • ValerieGaniron
    Options
    jb938n4wizad.jpgeus70h514pc3.jpg

ahos6zfpovyi.jpg
    More reasons to love Alaska, all pictures taken by myself (: northern lights, the ice sculptures, and mooooose! @kkenseth
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    When I was at Ft. Bragg the Army was offering Alli to Soldiers in the overweight program.

Anyways, I wouldn't take either. If anything I would get on ICE and leave a comment that he was wanting you to take these pills and pushing you to lose weight at an unhealthy rate.
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    jb938n4wizad.jpgeus70h514pc3.jpg

ahos6zfpovyi.jpg
    More reasons to love Alaska, all pictures taken by myself (: northern lights, the ice sculptures, and mooooose! @kkenseth

You, I like. Night made.
  • ValerieGaniron
    Options
    Thank you! I will stay clear of any "weight loss" pill! I'm afraid to do the MLM stuff anyways because I know I would gain it all back in a minute. I tried the advocate cleanse after I had my son. Lost 15lbs in 24 days and gained it alll back. And it sucks! @raelynnsmama52512 @RMCottonRPh @allenpriest
  • ValerieGaniron
    Options
    @jkal1979 I guess I'm one of those people that believe doctors and I actually believed that I was suppose to be losing fast then what I have been. Kinda kills the motivation!
  • ValerieGaniron
    Options
    @kkenseth haha you're welcome! Haha Autumn lasts about a day up here and when that day hits I'm going to Denali because I've heard it LOOKS beautiful in the Fall time lol
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    @jkal1979 I guess I'm one of those people that believe doctors and I actually believed that I was suppose to be losing fast then what I have been. Kinda kills the motivation!

I was a firm believer in doctors until it took them 9 weeks to diagnose a simple medication allergy while in the meantime I was fainting, vomiting constantly and lost 25 lbs, while they SWORE it wasn't the meds. I shop around hard and scrutinize everything. You did the right thing to ask questions.