Success by eating what you want???????

Options
124»

Replies

• baylarenee
    baylarenee Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Is there a MFP group for people who support this method? I would love to know :) diets make you feel deprieved.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    baylarenee wrote: »
    Is there a MFP group for people who support this method? I would love to know :) diets make you feel deprieved.

Losing weight while eating what we want is sort of a core value of MFP. Google IIFYM (if it fits your macros). Of course diets make you feel deprived. That's why they work - for those who sell them.
  • SallyaStewart11
    SallyaStewart11 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Absolutely yes! I cut my portion sizes in half if not by more. I lost 91 lbs and have kept it off for a year and a half. I challenged myself throughout my weight loss to see how little I could eat and still feel satisfied and not hungry. I was amazed. Eat slow and pay attention to your body. I would stop eating (a meal) when I felt satisfied not until I was full--that was too late. I would tell myself, "Just because I like it doesn't mean I need to eat it all! I can eat a little now and I can get it again next week!" If I got a sweet tooth craving, I would just take a bite and realize that was enough. I just had to change my mindset.

Now I eat children's meals when I go out (only certain restaurants that offer smaller adult offerings--no chicken nuggets here!) I split meals with my husband or simply toss it in the trash. (That was one of my biggest hurdles--I actually had to get over feeling guilty.) I never feel deprived. However, my tastebuds and cravings also changed throughout my weight loss. But I still eat whatever I want and I'm loving it! Portion control is the key. I just wished I figured it out years ago! Good luck! It's definitely possible!
  • Alli4Chocolate
    Alli4Chocolate Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    mabinethin wrote: »
    YUP... I eat anything I want just smaller portions. My co-worker and I got out to eat everyday for lunch and I still managed to lose 9lb in six weeks.... I also walk everyday on my break during work.

Agree, I eat what I want but in smaller portions. I also do like to eat a lot of healthy foods but there are things like sweets (look at my avatar) that I treat myself too.

• mtforrest07
    mtforrest07 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    you can absolutely lose weight by eating what you want within reasonable portions. I've lost roughly 80 pounds this way. I will say though that if I had focused on trying to eat a little cleaner I might not have had to deal with as much of this skinny fat physique as what I am now. Working on toning up and making a little wiser choices on my food intake(plus the added benefit of eating "clean" is that you feel less bloated and icky).
  • Asallings323
    Asallings323 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I really love this thread it has offered me so much hope. Thank you to all who have posted. :)))). Keep working hard everyone
  • egorre
    egorre Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i did at first but along the way my food choices changed after looking at the junk i log in my diary on a day to day basis (fast food/processed food/sodas with ridiculous amount of added sugar). it kinda got to me. i still do these sometimes but definitely eating smaller portions worked towards losing my first 50 lbs. i now eat bigger portions of healthier stuff since they tend to carry less calories. there's no way in hell i'm giving up bacon. that's where i draw the line. portion control got harder for me over time so switching to low calorie meals at bigger portions kept me from going back to bad habits.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Want is a funny thing. I do often want to eat foods that I choose to not eat. But I want to lose weight more.
  • Domicinator
    Domicinator Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I eat everything I want, but just a lot less of it. I've lost 61 lbs.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I eat anything I want, but not everything at once, and not all the time. (Some foods are easier to fit in than others.)

Why should I eat food I don't like, life is too short (it will just feel long if I have to force myself to eat food I hate :p )

But - taste evolves and will adapt to what you eat. I eat somewhat differently than I did just two years ago.
  • SCP0914
    SCP0914 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    60 pounds down by eating whatever I want as long as it's within my calories. But I have stopped eating super greasy fried foods for the most part, just because they make me feel blah anymore. By picking up a few healthy habits, I'm surprised by the foods I no longer crave or miss.
  • Domicinator
    Domicinator Posts: 261 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    SCP0914 wrote: »
    60 pounds down by eating whatever I want as long as it's within my calories. But I have stopped eating super greasy fried foods for the most part, just because they make me feel blah anymore. By picking up a few healthy habits, I'm surprised by the foods I no longer crave or miss.

I had a burger and fries at Red Robin yesterday--first time in MONTHS--and even though I didn't go over my calories for the day, I felt like garbage afterwards.

Oddly enough, I hit a new low in weight this morning!
  • kallemann67
    kallemann67 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    egorre wrote: »
    i did at first but along the way my food choices changed after looking at the junk i log in my diary on a day to day basis (fast food/processed food/sodas with ridiculous amount of added sugar). it kinda got to me. i still do these sometimes but definitely eating smaller portions worked towards losing my first 50 lbs. i now eat bigger portions of healthier stuff since they tend to carry less calories. there's no way in hell i'm giving up bacon. that's where i draw the line. portion control got harder for me over time so switching to low calorie meals at bigger portions kept me from going back to bad habits.

that made me laugh - hilarious but true.
  • jmarchante24
    jmarchante24 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Reiss104 wrote: »
    :D Oh my goodness, so glad I found this thread!

I lost 43lbs once by doing this. I ate 1 pizza slice instead of 2, a small bar of chocolate instead of the bigger one. I threw in a multivitamin and a bit of fibre each day. Eventhough my diary didnt look super nutritious, my weight was the best it had be in 10 years!!.... And then I got that 'healthy food' guilt thing and I decided to cut back on carbs and processed foods, eat more green stuff etc,,, It totally knocked me off and lasted all of 3 days and ended up going crazy on the junk food. I kept trying to go back to 'clean eating' but kept failing. My weight has yo yo'd around since then and Im out of shape now!

Time to go back to what is realistic and actually works!----> A little of what you love does you good! ;)

This happened to me the exact weight I lost about 30-40 pounds on low carb but then failed because I was so restricted from having some of the foods I wanted, I failed on the low carb diet, now I am just counting calories and eating smaller portions also exercising and I am losing slower but I feel healthy and have more energy!!!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    SCP0914 wrote: »

I had a burger and fries at Red Robin yesterday--first time in MONTHS--and even though I didn't go over my calories for the day, I felt like garbage afterwards.

Oddly enough, I hit a new low in weight this morning!

If you ate them more often, you wouldn't feel like garbage. Your body would be used to eating them in moderation and you'd feel fine. All things in moderation. And I don't mean every day, I mean once every couple weeks or so.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!