Nutritious meals under 200 calories?

Options

Replies

• drinkingkitten
    drinkingkitten Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A small bag of steamed edamame beans is a great snack and full of protein.
  • emmatui
    emmatui Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks again for the awesome tips guys! Love it!
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Baked potato loaded with veggies on top makes a low cal meal, a lean piece of protein with a baked sweet potato or veggies on the side makes a very low calorie meal. Lots of options, keep up the good work :)
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    emmatui wrote: »
    I've done 30 days counting with about 1500 calories and found no difference to my weight - if anything, I put some on. So I thought I'd try and be a little more aggressive about it. It might not work, but thought I'd ask for some help/tips before I give up!

Re: questions about my age - I'm 21 and have been well overweight for a decade, yet I have a reasonably active lifestyle so cutting the cals was the next logical step. If I'm unhealthy, I need to do something about it - regardless of age. I appreciate your concern though!

Are you accurately weighing absolutely everything that goes into your mouth? Are you under 5'3? 1500 is still a deficit for most people at 21 depending on height so you should still be losing something after 30 days, albeit slower than with a bigger deficit.

• tiny_clanger
    tiny_clanger Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'd keep the avocado and remove the coconut milk from your porridge. Maybe replace it with hemp protein powder for low calories but filling porridge.
  • smithie092015
    smithie092015 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup of cooked brown rice with a mountain of steamed veggies. Good, stick to your ribs dinner that's super satisfying. Flavor with lemon and pepper!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I just made a big delicious meal for 188 calories, it's in my diary for lunch but it is:
    1 bag shirataki noodles (rinsed and heated on the skillet for about 8 minutes)
    142 grams bean sprouts
    40 grams baby bella mushroom
    3 oz shrimp
    soy sauce
    chili garlic paste.

This is my kind of meal. That's why I love the inspiralized website so much. She cooks huge portions for few calories - just like I do.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I just made a big delicious meal for 188 calories, it's in my diary for lunch but it is:
    142 grams bean sprouts
    3 oz shrimp
    soy sauce
    chili garlic paste.

This is my kind of meal. That's why I love the inspiralized website so much. She cooks huge portions for few calories - just like I do.

Yeah, I need high volume. I just discovered the shirataki noodle this week and it is my new buddy. I'll have to check that website.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    142 grams bean sprouts
    3 oz shrimp
    soy sauce
    chili garlic paste.

YUM YUM YUM!!! I'm on my way!
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    142 grams bean sprouts
    3 oz shrimp
    soy sauce
    chili garlic paste.

Yeah, I need high volume. I just discovered the shirataki noodle this week and it is my new buddy. I'll have to check that website.

I second the high volume comment. I've found that I can eat way fewer calories and feel much fuller on high volume veggies like leafy greens. I just have to make it really flavorful with great variety.
  • arditarose
    Options
    142 grams bean sprouts
    3 oz shrimp
    soy sauce
    chili garlic paste.

I second the high volume comment. I've found that I can eat way fewer calories and feel much fuller on high volume veggies like leafy greens. I just have to make it really flavorful with great variety.

Yep. Hot sauces and a laughing cow cheese mixed in have done wonders for me too. I mean, my 300-400 calorie meals are so big I have to eat them out of a mixing bowl, or the fruit bowl off of the counter.

The flip side is, it's hard to reach my fat macro as I don't cook with oil and use a lot of fat free yogurt. When fiber is high and fat is low-not fun times.
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    142 grams bean sprouts
    3 oz shrimp
    soy sauce
    chili garlic paste.

Yep. Hot sauces and a laughing cow cheese mixed in have done wonders for me too. I mean, my 300-400 calorie meals are so big I have to eat them out of a mixing bowl, or the fruit bowl off of the counter.

The flip side is, it's hard to reach my fat macro as I don't cook with oil and use a lot of fat free yogurt. When fiber is high and fat is low-not fun times.

I've eaten "volumetric" style for 8 years now. I'm never hungry and I eat A LOT of vegetables. My family also gets their share of vegetables since I mix so many into every component of our meals.
  • arditarose
    Options
    142 grams bean sprouts
    3 oz shrimp
    soy sauce
    chili garlic paste.

I've eaten "volumetric" style for 8 years now. I'm never hungry and I eat A LOT of vegetables. My family also gets their share of vegetables since I mix so many into every component of our meals.

Love it. I was almost going to start a new volume eaters thread the other day but I'm too shy.
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    This cheesy vegetable zoodle dish is only 190 calories and tastes amazing:
    zoodles%20and%20veggies.jpg

I also love these enchilada stuffed peppers to freeze in individual containers for quick meals - they're 250 calories
    stuffed%20pepper.jpg
    Enchilada stuffed peppers
  • arditarose
    Options
    ^^love the calorie count on the zoodles. Never tried them.
  • Queenmunchy
    Options

That particular dish is just some sauteed scallion, mushroom, yellow bell pepper, grape tomatoes, spinach and maybe roasted red pepper. Throw in one noodled zucchini and 2 wedges of spreadable cheese (like laughing cow - I use the Aldi brand which is 25 calories each wedge) and just cook until it's all melty. It's so good and takes less than 10 minutes.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    When I was on 1200 a day I would skimp on my lunch (big salad) so I could have my 100 calorie snacks AND a decent sized breakfast and dinner.

I wouldn't call 200 calories a meal. More like a big snack.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    The Ensure drink with protein is 160 calories. I've been drinking a lot of my calories after getting braces put on, it really makes eating less stressful since it's instant, no clean up, fairly inexpensive, and I know it's precisely measured. Downside is it doesn't give you the pleasure of eating.

Have you ever thought of doing cardio to let yourself eat more on those cardio days? A half hour on the elliptical will typically burn 300 calories, you add that to your leftover 200 and it's another regular meal.
  • arditarose
    Options

That particular dish is just some sauteed scallion, mushroom, yellow bell pepper, grape tomatoes, spinach and maybe roasted red pepper. Throw in one noodled zucchini and 2 wedges of spreadable cheese (like laughing cow - I use the Aldi brand which is 25 calories each wedge) and just cook until it's all melty. It's so good and takes less than 10 minutes.

I didn't know there was a lower calorie wedge than laughing cow! Apparently there's only one Aldi in NYC and it isn't close to me at all :(
  • Queenmunchy
    Options
    I actually think the wedges are slightly smaller and that's why it's lower, but I'd have to double check. These are .67 oz/19g