tips for first time runner

Options
2»

Replies

• jitender88
    jitender88 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    jitender88 wrote: »

is it like some brands are better than the others when running shoes are considered??? and also thanks a ton for the advice :)

a running shop will select the better shoe for your gait. It's also worth thinking about the terrain you will be running on as there are different shoes for different terrain. A trail shoe is for off -road and then you can get road shoes for tarmac etc.

When you go, it could be worth asking if they have last season's shoes which are still good, but are cheaper! As a guideline, I paid £70 for my shoes.

thanks... i called up a shop here yesterday and i am going in today to get my gait tested.. hopefully i will return with a good pair of shoes... :)
  • hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Would love to be a friend! I am trying the running thing again myself.
  • dlr165
    dlr165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I started with the Runners world beginning program on a treadmill in my basement. I was 48 when I started. Now I run about 25 miles a week outside and I lost 40 lbs. Good shoes are important. I love Asics Gel Nimbus. You'll figure out what works. You just got to do it. Good luck!
  • jitender88
    jitender88 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    dlr165 wrote: »
    I started with the Runners world beginning program on a treadmill in my basement. I was 48 when I started. Now I run about 25 miles a week outside and I lost 40 lbs. Good shoes are important. I love Asics Gel Nimbus. You'll figure out what works. You just got to do it. Good luck!

thanks a lot mam :)