Difficulty with deadlift due to chronic lower back pain - is Romanian deadlift safer?

Options
2»

Replies

• Yoyo_Fitness
    Yoyo_Fitness Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    rileyes wrote: »
    You may want to strengthen your core with glute bridges or elevated single-leg glute bridges. Those moves may help if you are quad dominant.

my chiropractor said my hamstrings are very weak! I do hip thrust with a smaller barbell and man, it kills my butt every time! I haven't tried single-leg one, I will probably die trying! hahaha thank you for the tip, I will incorporate those in my next workout! thank you!!!!!! :D
  • Yoyo_Fitness
    Options
    skeo wrote: »
    Congrats on getting a better lift today! That was my mistake as well in the beginning, I figured that I had to LIFT/PULL the weight up, so a lot of strain was on my lower back and biceps.
    But after watching a few videos on form and power lifters etc, they all describe the exercise as a PUSH type, imagine pushing the world away from under your feet and that really helped me visualize it, and now my DL's are up to 225 from 185 :) keep it up, and never ever risk form for numbers, and you'll get better!

ohhhhhh you, too!!! thank you! I was soooo happy I could do it! you are right, this visualization is very important. I still have to concentrate a few seconds before I do it (coz I am still scared and insecure about my form), but I have managed every time. Felt so amazing! what, 225!?!?!? that is incredible! you can lift the bar with your little finger, can't you!?!? I just started lifting properly, moving away from running and swimming and all.... all very new to me, but at the same time, pretty exciting. you, too, keep it up!!!! :D

• Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Nice video by Dan John on the hip hinge. Good movement here will help with the deadlift.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34saz57cxjs
  • Yoyo_Fitness
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Nice video by Dan John on the hip hinge. Good movement here will help with the deadlift.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34saz57cxjs

Thank you - it is so interesting, you really have to watch out for every small detail!!!