For the active part of my weight loss...

I can't believe I'm asking this because I hate most music nowadays and I only listen to classic rock because it's upbeat, but with my anxiety and phobia of being around people I thought my iPod is pretty much the only distraction I have for being able to leave the house and go for walks and whatnot for the exercise part of my weight loss. Anyone have any ideas of tunes I should bring with me? It also doesn't even have to be music... I just need something simple that will help make it easier on me to leave the house and make it more relaxing for me. Any ideas and help is greatly appreciated. :]

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    For music listen to whatever you like. You are the only one that will hear it. If you want something other than music you could try audio books.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Do you like books? Audiobooks (available on ITunes) pass work great for me while driving long distances!
  • eleanorella1989
    eleanorella1989 Posts: 51 Member
    I didn't even think about audiobooks. I'm mostly a movie person, so the audiobook didn't occur to me because I'm not much of an actual reader. But that's definitely something to think about. The more options I have the more I can switch things up.
  • grimtimmer
    grimtimmer Posts: 37 Member
    What music app(s) are you using? I pretty much make a new playlist the night before for every morning workout. I run at 4 am- so peaceful and people-less!
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    It's very difficult to workout with out music.. I listen to rock and pop.. fast and upbeat.
  • eleanorella1989
    Honestly, I have 2 iPods that I haven't used in years. haha I figured it was about time to get it back out and start using it again for this and get some ideas of what I should put on it.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    I like to listen to audiobooks when I exercise. They can get expensive but I can check them out for free from my local library. Maybe check to see if your library has a similar program!
  • BeckFair
    BeckFair Posts: 35 Member
    When I walk I like to go someplace in nature where there are not any people. I just listen to the birds and the breeze in the trees.
  • k2mexox
    k2mexox Posts: 72 Member
    Podcasts are also great if you can find one you like. I suggest Serial if you haven't listened to it yet.
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 343 Member
    I also do my walks in the morning so there isn't really anyone out :) and I live in FL so it is cooler out!
  • whiteblossom14
    whiteblossom14 Posts: 240 Member
    I love my audible app. You just get lost in the story's x
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    assuming that you have a library card, download the Overdrive app. It allows you to download audiobooks from 100s of libraries.
  • eleanorella1989
    An audiobook seemed a lot easier than it is. I had no idea how expensive it would all be, but it's a good idea of what to do in the future. It seems like fitness is becoming too expensive! haha I was trying to get a bike this summer and they were all over $300, so I had to give that up.