Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New! Goal: total weight loss of 80lbs. 14lbs down. ADD ME!!!

I was once very active. I played every sport, and I was good. After I had my daughter, everything changed. I let myself go I guess. I was just trying to hurry up and finish school. Sports weren't important to me, or fun anymore.
I gained so much weight. Believe me when I say I tried everything! I finally talked to my dr about my weight. She said before I got pregnant I weighed 128lbs. Then, I weighed 205.4lbs. Yeah, i know...it's that bad.
She drew blood work. Results came back that my thyroid level was really low, which caused me to gain alot of weight. Plus, she thinks my birth control had something to do with it to. So, no matter what I did, nothing changed. I started taking my pills for my thyroid level like 3 months ago. I now weigh 193lbs.
I'm eating right. My exercise isn't all that great. Though I'm trying to do at least 30mins a day. It's better than nothing.
My goal is to weigh 125lbs. That's a very good healthy weight for me. My height is 4'11, so yeah. I think if I get more support, it would push me harder and keep me motivated. Support me and I'll support you.

Replies

• tigertiger62
    tigertiger62 Posts: 2 Member
    edited August 2015
    Hi, add me! I have about 70 to lose and a former athlete (gymnast). Looking for supportive friends as well, I'm 53, binge eater, chronic yo yo dieter. I'm serious about changing this time.
  • smittyd303
    smittyd303 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi - we all can use some extra support. Glad to see you are stepping in now to make a change, it gets a bit harder as you age. I am looking to lose 50lbs, if I am lucky ! Add me too
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Results came back that my thyroid level was really low, which caused me to gain alot of weight. Plus, she thinks my birth control had something to do with it to. So, no matter what I did, nothing changed. I started taking my pills for my thyroid level like 3 months ago.

I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease). Thyroid meds (in my case, Synthroid & Cytomel) reduce the fatigue so I can be more active. But I still kept gaining until I learned to log everything I eat & drink accurately & honestly. Logging works.

I lost the weight long before my thyroid levels ever entered the "normal" range by following the advice in the Sexypants post: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • Yeah, keeping track is helping a whole lot! Thanks for the advice!
  • YAHWEH56
    YAHWEH56 Posts: 406 Member
    You got this! I stopped drinking sodas and it's worked miracles. Drink water..add me if you want
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    My exercise isn't all that great. Though I'm trying to do at least 30mins a day. It's better than nothing.

I think if I get more support, it would push me harder and keep me motivated.

I'm less active than a lot of my friends—I'm always so tired! But how's this for motivation? Jillian Michaels was diagnosed with hypothyroidism at age 30.