Dunkin Donuts 'extra milk'

Options
Hi- I have been scouring the internet and can't find an answer! If you order a medium iced Dunkin Donuts coffee and order ''extra milk" - what amount of milk is that? I want to log it, but can't find the measurement for the extra milk anywhere.

If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it!

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Do you know how much milk is in the original? I'd probably just double the milk in the original coffee with milk.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'd log half a cup of milk and call it a day. Or even better, stop asking for extra milk.
  • ncolant
    ncolant Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'd log half a cup of milk and call it a day. Or even better, stop asking for extra milk.

I'm trying to fit more dairy in my diet at the request of my doctor.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    ncolant wrote: »

Maybe it's just me, but I can think of more efficient ways to do so than by requesting a couple extra tablespoons of milk in my coffee...

• anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    Get an iced latte instead. More milk and you can track it easily!
  • ncolant
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    ncolant wrote: »

Maybe it's just me, but I can think of more efficient ways to do so than by requesting a couple extra tablespoons of milk in my coffee...

I do other things as well- just trying to see if anyone knew how much milk this is...
  • ncolant
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    Get an iced latte instead. More milk and you can track it easily!

Never thought of this actually, thank you!
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    What was your doctor's reason for more dairy? Besides the latte, there has to be other easy ways to sneak in more.
  • ncolant
    Options
    I'm really just looking to know if anyone knows how much to log "extra milk" as.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    There are "extra milk" entries in the database, but I have no idea if they are accurate.

The best way to log is simply to ask them how much milk was added (and make sure you know if it's whole or skim) and then log that.
  • lmeola50
    lmeola50 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to work at Dunkin donuts for a very long time. When you ask for milk in coffee it is assumed it's whole milk unless you specifically ask for skim. A small coffee with "regular" milk has two 0.5 shots (1 oz), a medium has 3 shots (1.5 oz), a large 4 (2 oz), and an extra large 5 (2.5 oz). Anything extra is considered one extra shot unless specified so a medium iced coffee with extra milk has 2 oz of whole milk in it. Hope I can help!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    There are "extra milk" entries in the database, but I have no idea if they are accurate.

The best way to log is simply to ask them how much milk was added (and make sure you know if it's whole or skim) and then log that.

All the beverage details are on their sit(not with extra milk, so just guesstimate the rest.
    http://www.dunkindonuts.com/dunkindonuts/en/menu/nutrition/nutrition_catalog.html?nutrition_catalog_hidden=0&nutrition_catalog_needType=Drinks&nutrition_catalog_selPage=2&nutrition_catalog_perPage=100&filt_type=Coffee+and+Espresso

The amount of milk is so small i wuldnt worry, but you cna email them if you wish.
    http://www.dunkindonuts.com/dunkindonuts/en/help/contactus.html
  • ncolant
    Options
    lmeola50 wrote: »
    I used to work at Dunkin donuts for a very long time. When you ask for milk in coffee it is assumed it's whole milk unless you specifically ask for skim. A small coffee with "regular" milk has two 0.5 shots (1 oz), a medium has 3 shots (1.5 oz), a large 4 (2 oz), and an extra large 5 (2.5 oz). Anything extra is considered one extra shot unless specified so a medium iced coffee with extra milk has 2 oz of whole milk in it. Hope I can help!

This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    lmeola50 wrote: »

This is why discussion boards are awesome. :)