Butter pros and cons

Replies

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    maidentl wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    You just reminded me that I'm out of butter.

Better get to the creamery or that store right away. :)

Well, I don't eat processed foods so I have to go milk my cow and churn the butter. Just kidding, I am going to the store. :laugh:

me too, i really want a baguette
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    I love butter, real butter, and eat as much as I can when I can :smile:
    Which actually isn't much.
    I do sometimes use the butter spray to save up calories... pick and choose you know?
    But real butter... YUM!
  • jfitnessguru
    jfitnessguru Posts: 12 Member
    love butter i normally use unsalted grass fed butter on occasion i get the salted one depending on cost helps keep my fat intake up
  • shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    I haven't been cooking with butter much lately because I'm down to my last 5lbs and it's just too calorie dense to eat all the time, but I can't wait for maintenance because cooking eggs and veg in butter is divine.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    You just reminded me that I'm out of butter.

Better get to the creamery or that store right away. :)

Well, I don't eat processed foods so I have to go milk my cow and churn the butter. Just kidding, I am going to the store. :laugh:

Oh, I needed my morning giggle!

My guy brings the butter home straight from the creamery, though..
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    tomatoey wrote: »
    30-minute-crusty-baguettes-with-homemade-butter.jpg

Now I will be having my homemade bread with from the creamery butter and homemade peanut butter for my afternoon snack today.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    tomatoey wrote: »
    30-minute-crusty-baguettes-with-homemade-butter.jpg

Now I will be having my homemade bread with from the creamery butter and homemade peanut butter for my afternoon snack today.

lucky you!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    I use butter w olive oil in it. spreadable. I use it sparingly but I love butter
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    This is taking me back to my days in kindergarten when we learned about farms and food. Our teacher brought in heavy cream, and we churned our own butter. "Churned" was actually filling mason jars and taking turns shaking it up. So much shaking, or at least that's what kindergarten-me thought. It was fantastic, and we all had buttered saltines as a snack.

I wonder how many calories are burned when making mason-jar butter? Hmm. . .
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    laur357 wrote: »
    This is taking me back to my days in kindergarten when we learned about farms and food. Our teacher brought in heavy cream, and we churned our own butter. "Churned" was actually filling mason jars and taking turns shaking it up. So much shaking, or at least that's what kindergarten-me thought. It was fantastic, and we all had buttered saltines as a snack.

I wonder how many calories are burned when making mason-jar butter? Hmm. . .

ALL OF THEM!

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Now I really want to bake cookies.

Truly "chocolatey to the point of madness."

http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/totally-chocolate-chocolate-chip-cookies-29
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited August 2015
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Must have these NOW....
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Now I have to make these.

If I die, tell my family to bury me with my cookies.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,650 Member
    If it's going to be spread on crunchy, hot bread then I think Kerrygold butter is worth the extra $.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    BTW, my son used to eat stick butter like cheese. It didn't hurt him. Did he like the taste?

Must have! He grew out of it though.

And yes, @DeguelloTex , my cookies did disappear very quickly.
  • yogacat13
    yogacat13 Posts: 124 Member
    I don't eat a lot of butter, but I really enjoy it when I do. I haven't touched margarine since I saw that video where the ants wouldn't eat it.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    How long can you leave butter out of the fridge? Not very spreadable when I am making sammies in the morning :(
  • yogacat13
    yogacat13 Posts: 124 Member
    How long can you leave butter out of the fridge? Not very spreadable when I am making sammies in the morning :(

Get a butter bell.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,650 Member
    I keep mine on a (covered) butter dish on the kitchen counter and never put it in the fridge.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    i use butter where butter is called for...i use olive oil where olive oil is called for...etc, etc, etc...

just realize that it is fat...it is calorie dense...so your consumption should reflect that.

Exactly this.

I never was on the anti-butter bandwagon, though. If anything I used to use too much butter, so I have cut back in losing weight.