Dr. Visit today..

Options
So, I have been avoiding my Dr... For, um... lets say 4~ years...

My story is odd and full of turns but the High points I want to motivate you with are this..
Some large number of years ago, I was 265~ or more.. I don't know because I quit getting on the scale.

That turned into my Badge of Diabetes... I started off a good patient and taking my meds and "watching" what I ate... but I really was not serious about things.

Back in 2011 ish, I had pulled 20#'s off and was 242 at my last, (Time before today) visit.

My new role at work had me on the road Monday 6am till Friday 10pm and I decided I had to make some minor, but needed changes in how I was living.

I gave up most soda and started trying to eat better. Over the next couple years I managed to make it down to 235ish but still was very obese.

Last year, my company did a walking challenge. I HATE walking, but liked riding bikes. So I found that there was a step equivalent for riding. So begins my real improvement. I signed up with MFP Logged my weight and proceeded to never get on here again till about 80 days ago.

Biking grabbed me and motivated me. I managed to get down to 220's but plateaued there. Someone mentioned MFP again and I rediscovered it and decided to meticulously log everything as best I could. Today is day 78 streak..

Now gaining a better idea of In and Out Calories, I dropped under my 220. Week after week I made the right numbers.. I had a vacation in there and lost ground, but made it back up the week after...

Today...
I weight 207 pounds and my BP was 118/62.
I let the LabTech Stick me... and filled that special cup.

In 24-48 hours, my results will confirm (or deny) my felt improvement. No pills, fad diets or starvation... Just solid watching what I eat and logging my exercise.... (we should market this method... its A-mazing that it works... )

Be Blessed and encouraged.... The only thing I can say.... Deciding in our hearts, minds and souls to make better choices, is really what it takes.. Keep on, Keeping On!!!!!

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I wasn't being lectured by doctors because I didn't have any but I was on the wrong track for many years. It doesn't seem so bad when its three or five pounds a year til you let thirty years go by. I lost the weight, cleaned up what I eat and learned what a normal portion is. I stopped snoring, cured insomnia, dropped my blood pressure and dropped my cholesterol 50 points. My goal is to not need any prescription drugs forever. Your doing great and the benefits from it are yours for the taking. Like you I started this journey and then it just clicked "I can do this". I hope the results you get confirm your on the right track. Good luck!
  • lthaus
    lthaus Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sadly, My results A1C, LDL,HDL are all "better" than my last lab (2011), but all also still very Bad. I'm beyond frustrated at this time. I sent the Dr. a Portal message.... I guess I'll see how he responds. I thought I had come so far....
  • blakedebo
    blakedebo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    don't give up! think of where they would have been if you had not made these changes!
  • lthaus
    lthaus Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm not stopping... Just having a moment to pout.. I'm going to try the 100Days of Real Food with my wife and see what that does for my numbers.. if that still does not have it under control, I guess I'll have to try the meds and see what other options I have at that time.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Glad you are not stopping because you are progressing with your markers.