Hello everyone!

Options
My name is Michelle. Im 35 and not new here, but inconsistent enough to say I am. I dont know the last time I made it through a day without losing control, let alone a week... I live in WI, and have my whole life. I used to be very small, active, in the gym or running for hours a day. Very careful in everything I ate.. Now Im looking for friends, and people to help me stay on track. It is a very hard journey for me right now.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,216 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's totally ok to 'lose control' and eat something you weren't planning on. Just make sure you record it. All of the things. Food, drink, whatever - record it all as accurately and honestly as possible. Eventually, once you're completely honest with yourself, you'll find yourself making different choices almost without realizing it. And then the weight will start falling off. That's how I started. I didn't pay attention to my calorie goal at first. I just committed to being honest with myself, and logging everything I ate or drank. After a while, I realized my clothes were a little looser and I had been losing weight. Now, I'm down 70 pounds (more than) and have kept that weight off for over a year. I run several times a week (because I CAN now, damn it... and it feels GREAT), and am scheduled to run a half marathon in less than a month. And just a few years ago, I was creeping into the 200 pound club and couldn't climb a flight of stairs without sweating - now I'm wearing a size 4 and running all the time. If I can do it, you can too.
  • Serendipity00
    Serendipity00 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi Michelle! That's my name too lol. . We are practically neighbors, I'm from Northwest Indiana. I'd really like to be able to help each other stay motivated and swap ideas, possibly recipes as well if you are interested.
  • YamileVelducea
    YamileVelducea Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just pace yourself. Little by little you'll get to your goal just stay motivated and remember why u want to do this.