Amount of sugar question

Options
Hi. I just wanted to ask...when I log in my food, it says I can eat '74' sugar. What does that 74 stand for? It seems a lot but that is what my fitness pal gives me as guidelines.
Thanks!

Replies

• spacingout
    spacingout Posts: 54 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm new here so I could be wrong but I'm assuming it means grams. Like if you were to look at the Nutrition Facts on foods, it would list how many grams of sugar there are. If that's not right, someone else please correct me.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Yes grams
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    It is referring to grams. But, TBH, unless you have a medical condition that requires you to limit sugars, I would track fiber instead. Sugar is already included in your carbohydrates (of course, fiber is, too, but there are reasons to track it, to make sure you are getting enough).

Plus, the sugar goal is often met or exceeded by a few pieces of fruit and tracking sugar can lead some people to cutting back on such nutrient rich foods that they enjoy.
  • hopeflu
    hopeflu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Selenesin
    Selenesin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    mathjulz wrote: »
    It is referring to grams. But, TBH, unless you have a medical condition that requires you to limit sugars, I would track fiber instead. Sugar is already included in your carbohydrates (of course, fiber is, too, but there are reasons to track it, to make sure you are getting enough).

Plus, the sugar goal is often met or exceeded by a few pieces of fruit and tracking sugar can lead some people to cutting back on such nutrient rich foods that they enjoy.
    yes and it is very annoying ill eat 2 medium bananas and ill be over my limit! which it quite discouraging.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Banana ? Try a fruit with a lot less sugar, like berries or apple.