Flavor your popcorn !

Options
13»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Copycat doritos. Check. Getting the nutritional yeast for sure.
  • erikanunns
    erikanunns Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Salt, nothing else. I do like movie popcorn that has butter, but only when I go to movies. It's like a "ritual taste" that would lose its flair if I replicate it at home. I tried sweetly flavored popcorn the other day and had to throw it out. After years of enjoying the plainest popcorn, sweet flavoring feels extremely out of place. Like sweet pickles or salty preserves.

Then again I'm a bit weird about my flavors. I like them completely distinct - sweet should be sweet and savory should be savory. That's why I make my pasta sauce without sugar and don't exactly enjoy bbq sauce.

I'm with you on this one - pineapple on pizza is just WRONG!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I put 1/4 cup of kernels into a paper bag, microwave it 2 minutes, pour a tablespoon of melted red palm oil on it, shake some celtic sea salt and nutritional yeast on it, close the bag, and shake it up. Delicious. It tastes like cheesy movie popcorn, and it's so much healthier for you!
  • jadowns
    jadowns Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Nutritional yeast, and unsalted butter!
  • anamibell
    anamibell Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    !
    I've started using a salt and pepper combination lately

It's tasty, but the pepper makes me sneeze ;;
  • truelight_photo_craig
    Options
    Slap yo Mama, the red container. And a little butter.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,712 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas. For me it is grated parmesan melted in the microwave. Low calorie favorite is tabasco and soy sauce, as I don't mind the wetness.
  • pandapotlovebug
    pandapotlovebug Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    anamibell wrote: »
    "Popcorn is healthy ... If you pop it and season it right !"

How do you flavor your popcorn ? :)

I use cocoa powder and sweet plum powder
    I put lime juice in a squirt bottle (or you could squeeze fresh) . Add Chile powder ,cumin, salt..
  • pandapotlovebug
    pandapotlovebug Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Or I have my evoo in a bottle too.. with ranch seasoning (not the one with msg).
  • myname20
    myname20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I eat it rarely but when I do I like it with salt.
    I have seen and heard its nice with some dark melted chocolate on it, for the people who enjoy chocolate.

ps. With `it` I mean popcorn :D
  • anamibell
    Options
    anamibell wrote: »
    "Popcorn is healthy ... If you pop it and season it right !"

How do you flavor your popcorn ? :)

I use cocoa powder and sweet plum powder
    I put lime juice in a squirt bottle (or you could squeeze fresh) . Add Chile powder ,cumin, salt..

I've got a bottle of lime juice in the fridge , so I'll try it out ! Thank you
  • anamibell
    Options
    myname20 wrote: »
    I eat it rarely but when I do I like it with salt.
    I have seen and heard its nice with some dark melted chocolate on it, for the people who enjoy chocolate.

ps. With `it` I mean popcorn :D

I've tried melting chocolate on it , but it solidified after a while (I don't really like chocolate sauce though )

By 'it' I mean popcorn as well!
  • anamibell
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Thanks for all the ideas. For me it is grated parmesan melted in the microwave. Low calorie favorite is tabasco and soy sauce, as I don't mind the wetness.

Sounds good ! I like soy-sauce on it too