hiya, newbie need advice on diet

Options
jassoi
jassoi Posts: 14 Member
hiya everyone! im new here. i just want advice for how to keep lean get leaner etc. im short at 5"2, 8 stone, bmi 20.5 apparently.
i do hit cardio 2-3times a week for 30 mins-40 mins, and strength train around 20 mins once a week. should i be doing more everyday?
im having trouble with my diet , dont really have a clue how much calories im needing, and nutrients. i have a sweet tooth , crave sugar lots!!! does anyone have advice how to stop the sugar cravings, and to eat clean ?

thanks for reading! jasmine

Replies

• paigemulroe
    paigemulroe Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I too have a sweet tooth, and have really had to work on it. My biggest suggestion is finding things that you enjoy eating and eating some of these items when you are having a sugar craving. Fruit is also a great way to feed your sweet tooth with a healthy object. I also keep sugar free gum on hand, so that I can throw a piece in my mouth to keep me from grabbing something sweet. I hope this helps a little. Feel free to add me too if you would like!!
  • jassoi
    jassoi Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    thanks for replying :)
    yeah i need to find some decent healthy things low in sugar and calories instead! i did switch to dried fruits... but got carried away, and i think that has even more sugars in it than normal chocolate etc!!! crazy!
  • kliermann
    kliermann Posts: 514
    Options
    have you tried brushin your teeth when you start craving sweets? I know that works for most people :D

i like eating sunflower seeds keeps my mouth busy
  • andretti62
    andretti62 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Jasmine if you can fill up on protein at every meal and fibre like Ryvita crackers. Watch out for the sodium intake as it retains water. The daily allowance is 1,500mg of sodium per day and fiber is 35 grams.
    Good luck
  • rolemodel69
    rolemodel69 Posts: 365
    Options
    You work out at a gym?

I can help you determine you caloric need and nutrients if you want. Just need your age,weight and height.

We can talk this in private if you want.