Advice on Beach Body Products

Options
Hi, everyone! I am thinking about getting a few Beach Body products. I have a few programs from them and I love them. I am thinking about getting 21 Day Fix and Brazil Butt Lift. Maybe someone has tried them and enjoyed them, or maybe not. I would love any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The workouts are fine if that's your thing. Their food/supplement plans are basically crap.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Options
    I felt like only the BBL workout that involved a lot of mat work was any good. I suppose if you like Zumba or other dancy workouts it's good, but I struggled to keep up and wasn't getting as good a burn as I need from cardio to make it worth the time.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    someone's inbox is about to get blowed up....
  • NancMoss
    NancMoss Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Hahah agree!!
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I think that 21 Day Fix is a decent program for anyone who isn't good at eyeballing serving sizes and isn't willing to use a food scale. However, it's cheaper and more accurate to use a food scale.
  • Oldbitcollector
    Oldbitcollector Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    If it motivates you, it's a good thing, however I wouldn't waste the money..
  • strangesoul79
    strangesoul79 Posts: 84 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I haven't tried all of 21df but know a bunch who have and liked it. I did try one of the workouts yesterday and really enjoyed it. I would recommend it to anyone from beginner to advanced. I have not tried BBL but I have heard many who enjoyed it.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If stuffing certain food combinations into colored plastic boxes and then counting the boxes is more your thing, than eating any food you like, weighing it and letting MFP count the calories, and money is of no concern, 21 day fix is for you. It's not bad, just redundant, in my opinon. The workout, no, I have no idea.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

This ! Every mlm scum will be on it like flies on sh$% ...
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    This calculator will tell you not only your BMI, but how many servings of various foods to eat to maintain that weight.
    If you enter your healthy goal weight, or play with the weight until the BMI is in a healthy range, this will help you plan your food intake.
    And it's free.
    Or if you need some measuring cups, go to the dollar store or a garage sale.

https://www.bcm.edu/cnrc-apps/healthyeatingcalculator/eatingCal.html
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have seen the 21 day fix work for a friend of mine. I have tried other BB workouts and enjoyed them. Turbo Fire can be pretty intense but fun. The advertising is a bit annoying so I have more often downloaded torrents that have been edited out. I don't have those extra 5 mins in my morning to waste on commercials!
  • strangesoul79
    strangesoul79 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

This ! Every mlm scum will be on it like flies on sh$% ...

While there are some that will push and push on things some of us give honest feedback and reviews and try to help people to the best of our ability.
  • Equus5374
    Equus5374 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I've been a Beachbody coach, only to get discounts on the merchandise, but my honest opinion is that you can get similar quality workouts and have a healthy, do-able eating plan for free. There are terrific free workouts on the internet using weights, resistance bands, and cardio moves. Using MFP to log food and count calories (while weighing and measuring everything you eat) is a free and do-able way to take accountability. It isn't necessary to spend all kinds of money.
  • louise13dunstan
    louise13dunstan Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Eating plans are rubbish
    Best program I found was P90x3 as it was varied, enjoyable and gave me the most results.
    Turbofire is fun and varied but will struggle to do it u til u have seen the workout a few times, its fast paced.
    T25 IS FAB, varied and fun but again moves are fairly quick
    Combat is excellent!! This is the most enjoyable one
    Also tried insanity and max 30 they are hardcore but take the enjoyment away.
    Slim in 6 is ok, works ur body in a very clever way but have to admit I get bored woth it
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    If you really want beach body products, they occasionally run sales and I've been able to pick up a few programs (combat and Piyo) for a lot less then the normal price.

I can't recommend fitness blender enough, as far as free, quality workouts online go. I know there are others but FB is my favorite.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I enjoy shaun T' s hiphop abs and rockin body ....I have slim in 6 but she bores me LOl
  • jaimekbee1219
    jaimekbee1219 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My friend is a "coach" and has had AMAZING results doing the 21 day fix. Honestly, though, she didn't have much to lose despite having given birth to twins a couple years ago. Her very obese cousin has lost weight and gotten healthier as well. I reluctantly bought it to support my friend and to get back into cooking after I finished my finals for grad school. Nutrition took the back seat to my research for a few months so I figured this would give me the kick in the pants I needed to get back on track.

As far as the workouts go, I like the strength training workouts better than the cardio ones so I mainly only did those. I lost a 1-2 inches in my arms and waist so I was satisfied and plan to continue with the ones I liked to supplement my yoga practice. The cardio workouts were tough for me because I have fibromyalgia - it would take days to recover.

As far as the eating plan goes, it is basically a low glycemic diet - which I already had experience doing because it's recommended for women with PCOS. The containers help with portion control, although I still weighed my food and counted calories. For the type of job I have, it gave me too few calories. According to the math equation in the booklet (which gave you 450 calories for exercise and then a 750 deficit), I got 1150 calories - which was rounded up to 1200, but I was allowed to eat up to 1600. I work with autistic kids who have severe behaviors and found that I was constantly hungry and eating snacks that I didn't even like (Doritos, goldfish) because that's how hungry I was. Plus having 12-13 hour long days didn't help.

I refused to buy shakeology because it's over priced, and I was constantly being harassed into doing it or becoming a "coach" as well for the discount - which is negligible when you consider the monthly fee. It has actually damaged our friendship.

TL;DR - the workouts are great, time goes by fast. The meal plan can help. Shakeology tastes like crap and is overpriced. Autumn Calabrese is annoying. Coaches tend to be brainwashed and try to get you to join their pyramid scheme cult. It's annoying.
  • angie_momof3
    angie_momof3 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I use the fitnessblender workouts on YouTube. They're amazing and free!