What do you do for snacks??

Options
2»

Replies

• KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I like to keep my kitchen stocked with 100ish cal snacks, so that if need be I can grab one without worrying about it denting my goal too much.
    I have a sweet tooth so things like cereal bars (maize based usually) , kitkats, 2 oreo packs etc. I also have sugar free jelly pots in the fridge which are only 5 cals each!
    Other things like low calorie crackers with low cal (laughing cow) cheese triangles spread on them 20cal cracker + 25 cal cheese means I can have 2 for under 100 cals!
    I also get Graze boxed delivered- they're great and I can set it so they're all under 150cals, means I can grab one when I leave for work without worrying it'll break the calorie bank :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    I like to keep my kitchen stocked with 100ish cal snacks, so that if need be I can grab one without worrying about it denting my goal too much.
    I have a sweet tooth so things like cereal bars (maize based usually) , kitkats, 2 oreo packs etc. I also have sugar free jelly pots in the fridge which are only 5 cals each!
    Other things like low calorie crackers with low cal (laughing cow) cheese triangles spread on them 20cal cracker + 25 cal cheese means I can have 2 for under 100 cals!
    I also get Graze boxed delivered- they're great and I can set it so they're all under 150cals, means I can grab one when I leave for work without worrying it'll break the calorie bank :)

I love Graze but you have to keep in mind that most snacks are 10 to 20% more calories than what the package says (the flapjacks are often 60 more calories!).
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 cups of popcorn cooked in oil at 170 calories. Is a great TV snack. I use s cereal bowl and measured out the popped corn. My husband eats the rest. Salt, no butter.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »

I love Graze but you have to keep in mind that most snacks are 10 to 20% more calories than what the package says (the flapjacks are often 60 more calories!).

That's nuts! I love the flapjacks and brownies too :( I only get the 150cals or less boxes though so at least the margin of error on those is a little smaller, will definitely bear it in mind though
  • jsmit17
    jsmit17 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I find that I have the same problem when it comes to snacking! I love cheese and can never just have one cheese stick and I also love sweet treat here and there. I have been resisting the urge to snack by prepacking my food. I pack so I can have breakfast, a snack, lunch, and another snack before dinner and eat every 3 hours. Cucumbers satisify my urge to snack alot of the time.. I also LOVE frozen grapes! Even some cottage cheese and fruit. For a crunchier snack zuccini chips are always a safe bet.. Take a zuccini slice it thin sprinkle a little sea salt and/or seasoning on them and cook them at 350 until crisp. If you want something a little sweeter weight watchers makes some great recipies! One of my favorites is low fat cool whip between two low fat chocolate grahm crackers frozen, it makes an awesome ice cream sandwich! I hope that helps. :)
  • kelseymallen
    kelseymallen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    For snacks I like:

Almonds
    Cashews
    Open-faced sandwiches
    100 calorie popcorn packs
    Greek yogurt
    Half portion protein shakes
    Half a Quest Bar
    Raw veggies (I love raw veggies)
  • lucyywombat
    lucyywombat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Enlightened crisp roasted broad beans! (100 calories, 7g protein, 3g fiber
    Tosi organic superbites (nut bars with seeds, very high energy)
    celery with peanut butter
    cucumber slices with hummus
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I'll have a snack or two daily..
    Banana
    Raw veggies and hummus
    Hard boiled egg
    Almonds 100 calorie pack
    Fibre one bar
    Kind bar
    Nature valley bar
    Skinny cow frozen treats
    Can of tuna
    Sardines
    Plain popcorn
  • gerardokeefe
    gerardokeefe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have these two every day - body under 200kcal:
    1. 20g almond butter spread on two corn cakes (166kcal)
    2. 30g Almonds (174kcal)
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I tend to like meal-type foods for snacks. Baked sweet potatoes (I usually bake 2-4 at a time and put leftovers in the fridge), steamed veggies, cheese bread, mini-pizzas. If I want something sweet, I usually go for a healthier sweetened cereal, oatmeal, or homemade sweets. My trick for not wanting to go back for more snacks is to immediately drink something like coffee or tea to flush the flavor out of my mouth as soon as I'm done eating. Not tasting the snack anymore helps me to forget about it.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    i usually eat 100 calorie pack- nuts or chips. I also love cottage cheese and fruits like strawberries or grapes. fiber one bars or quaker chewy granola bars and always i eat a protein with my snack- like a cheese stick or PB2 or peanut butter or boiled egg- etc. Hope that helps
  • morning_joy
    morning_joy Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I love steamed broccoli and hummus Or a handful of pistachios. Just make sure to log them.