Calories?? use or not to use

Options
Now, so far I've not had any issues with sticking to my calorie limit. I eat breakfast and tea and snack, occasionally I miss lunch or might only have time for a small salad or a hand full of sugar snaps so generally really minimal calories at lunch time. Any way, my query is; sometimes I get to the end of my day and still have 400 calories left, more if I've missed lunch. Last night I had a glass of milk and some biscuits to use them up but it seems daft to do that regularly. Should I be using all my calories on those occasions or should I just let it go as long as it's not happening every day.

Replies

• maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    If it's only occasional, and you are meeting your nutrient needs (vitamins, minerals, protein, fat) then I think it's ok to let it go if you aren't particularly hungry. And by occasional, I mean once a week or less.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I really don't think it matters as far as weight loss goes, when you eat your calories..morning, noon or night. I often don't eat early on in the day and I've been losing steadily for the last several months. It may not be the healthiest way to eat, but it works for me. If I still haven't eaten all of my calories by evening, and I'm not hungry , then I don't worry about it. For me, that doesn't happen very often, as I'm usually hungry.