Options
2»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    lfaej77 wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to separate naturally occurring sugars and added sugars. :/

Yes! Same here. I'd be super interested to see that as I know I've done a fairly good job in reducing added sugars. Or at least I think I have!

I came up with a great idea this morning to creat new foods without adding the sugar - labeling it as Natural Sugar Omitted. Hopefully this is will work!

I'd save them just for your personal use and not make them public, as the database is confused enough. It's also going to be harder than you might think depending on what it is. For example, any flavored yogurt is a combination of lactose and added sugar. (I don't eat many such products myself, but that's why I generally can tell easily if my sugar is added -- like most of the sugar in ice cream -- or not (as in the dairy, fruit, and vegetables I eat).)

I really think just understanding what you eat and what's in it and maybe looking at where your sugar came from that day is sufficient and probably more educational than focusing on a specific number, but if counting the grams works for you good luck with it!