How often are you exercising and what are your results?

Options
2»

Replies

• TnTWalter
    TnTWalter Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    i work out 5-6 days a week. have for a while. diet is key.
  • mikeski52
    mikeski52 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I work out twice a week, each workout is fullbody lifting 30-35 minutes plus 15 minutes cardio. I'd like to work out 3x a week but I have other priorities that take precedence. 2x/wk is still enough for me to get results, although I *assume* my results don't come as fast as others that workout more frequently.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I train 5-6 days a week, 1-3 hours a day. My lifting has improved insanely, I've maintained scale weight and done some pretty sweet recomp over the last year.

But, unless you are a competitive athlete, my level of training is overkill.
  • _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    ~3x week full body strength training for the last 2 years, very happy.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    5 to 6 times a week. It's been a big help not only for fitness and health, but for stress relief. 4 times a week is good too.
  • jblon83
    jblon83 Posts: 23 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I excerise 3/4 days a week for two hours ea. day of those days. Cardio pacifically zumba than a weight strengthening class after. I also eat healthier and don't eat most of my calories back.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    It appears u are concerned only with weight loss results. In which case what you eat is going to impact that more than the number of days u work out.

Currently I try to work out 5 to 7 days a week. It has nothing to do with a weight goal and everything to do with performance goals.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    3 days heavy lifting/week
    Trying to gain weight, probably not eating enough. Still getting stronger though.
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    6 or 7 days a week with a 4/3 or 4/2 split weights to cardio.

- Cardio consists of Krav Maga on Tuesday, Thurs, and Sat morning for 60 mins
    - Weights are in line with the 4 day breadown (legs, chest/tris, back/bis, shoulders). But I'm looking into going more towards stronglifts 5x5 soon
    - Also try and walk 10k steps a day no matter what day it is

As far as results my goal was to be overall healthier so I value my cardiovascular health as well as improving strength, flexibility, dexterity etc. I'm still eating at a deficit to lose the last 7 pounds to reach my goal weight. Which seems to be taking forever so my weight training is more for maintaining and I'm not seeing much in way of gains. Plan on hopefully doing a bulk phase over the winter.

• Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Starting 6 wks ago, I've been planning on 14hrs/week but end up with 10-12. Mostly cycling or hiking which are the only things I enjoy doing. Eating about 1700 high carb low fat(plant-based) and losing 1.2 lbs/wk. Down to 128. Need 8-10 more.