Body fat..?

Hi there, I am trying to cut my body fat down and gain more muscle. Having a difficult time determining my body fat. I have tried measurements, and online body calculators but all of them give me different %.
Would post a picture but don't know how..

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    I use a mirror tell if i'm too fat. B)

Upload pics to tinypic, imgur, photobucket.com, etc., copy the link they give you, click the "attach image" button below, and paste it in the "image URL" box.

14868.jpg

• ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited August 2015
    I know what you mean....it can be a bit frustrating not knowing what your body fat is.
    According to most online calculators i'm 28% BF - but that doesn't seem right.
    But i just can't be bothered travelling to get a Dexa scan or Bod Pod reading done. (I'm obviously not that fussed).
    Yes, post a pic and we'll be able to guessimate for you.
  • _bellator_
    _bellator_ Posts: 50 Member
    The online calculators are pretty inaccurate, that's why you're getting such different numbers. Having a professional measure you with calipers or a DEXA scan will give you more accurate numbers.

HOWEVER, if you're at a healthy range of bodyfat, the actual hard number doesn't really matter. It's all aesthetics at that point, and you can determine your progress in getting lean by taking comparison pictures. There's really no need to spend money, unless it's just driving you crazy to know a hard number. :)
  • AngelaSantiago_6
    AngelaSantiago_6 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for the replys. I am not looking to loose weight, just wanting to tone up and lose body fat. Current weigh 109-113 depending how much water, calories etc I consume at 5'3". I workout 5-6 days a week. Lifting 6 days and cardio 5 sometimes 6. Also, am fairly new to weight training. So I am not quite sure how long it will take to see results..? ndacr0p3oivx.jpg

Sorry for the little peak. :s
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,262 Member
    Eat at maintenence and lift heavy to recomp (burn fat, build muscle.) Or eat a bit more to build muscle more quickly and then follow it with a cutting cycle. None of us can tell you how long it will take to get results but building muscle is a long term project.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    jemhh wrote: »
    Eat at maintenence and lift heavy to recomp (burn fat, build muscle.) Or eat a bit more to build muscle more quickly and then follow it with a cutting cycle. None of us can tell you how long it will take to get results but building muscle is a long term project.

This. And use a structured lifting program, not a homemade one. You'll get better results and won't need to lift 6 days a week.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    109-113 is very light for 5,3".
    You look very slim, but as i cannot see the lower half of your body - i can't really tell you what i think your body fat % is.

• FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Based on your limited pic, anywhere between 18-23% BF.