my first WHOOSH

Options
at least I think it was a whoosh. I had a 6 week stall where I fluctuated up and down the same 1 pound. I can't even begin to tell you how aggravating it was but I was determined to not let it derail me.

Anyways, in the past 2 weeks I have lost 6 pounds !!! I'm in shock since my typical loss is around 4 pounds a month. I am a believer in the WHOOSH.

I am wondering though, is there a way to prevent it from happening in the first place ??

Replies

• AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Woooottt..happens to me a lot these days, I won't lose anything for a week, get paranoid, and the next week I'll lose 5 lbs...silly
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    lol same thing just happened to me, I was getting pretty frustrated because 199 kept eluding me for weeks... not sure if they're preventable, but they are fantastic when they happen. Enjoy the whoosh!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    There probably is a way, but if anyone knows it, I've never heard it. There is so much about weight loss that nobody knows.

The long periods of not losing suck but the whooshes are AWESOME. :smiley:

Congrats!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Enjoy that whoosh...its a very common occurence after a stall.
  • TamLam99
    TamLam99 Posts: 247 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm pretty excited about it - glad I stuck it out.
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Congratulations with your weight loss.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness!
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Good for you for sticking it out! It can be so hard during stalls.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    The whoosh totally makes powering through the stall worth it! Congratulations!
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Cant wait til I have a whoosh!
  • TamLam99
    Options
    yeah, I'm still kind of shocked by the 6 pounds in 2 weeks. I usually struggle to lose a pound a week.

but hey, I'll take it.

I wish every week was a whoosh without the stall.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Great feeling isn't it? It's how I lost my weight - 2 or 3 weeks stalls, and a woosh (the week after my period). You get used to it eventually.
  • keokagal
    keokagal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Stalled for 7 weeks! Then a mini 2 pound whoosh yesterday. Thank goodness! I lose very slowly.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm starting to stall for a couple of weeks frequently and then little 2lb whooshes. i'll tak it
  • TamLam99
    Options
    sounds like the whoosh is pretty common.
  • jessathemessa
    jessathemessa Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    This just happened to me too. Stall for like two weeks and then a 3 pounds "whoosh" -- would've liked a bigger whoosh but I'll take it.

Congrats on the loss!
  • calihoya
    calihoya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am stuck right now and I'm logging and exercising like a fiend, but I've experienced this followed by a whoosh before. This is just a reminder to stick to it because the weight will eventually come off!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    lol same thing just happened to me, I was getting pretty frustrated because 199 kept eluding me for weeks... not sure if they're preventable, but they are fantastic when they happen. Enjoy the whoosh!

Congrats on making it to One-derland!
  • Tinawood40
    Tinawood40 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting about it - it encourages anyone in a stall not to give up !!!
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Congrats! I just had a whoosh too... woke up to it: 3.4 pounds down (but really only a .4 drop from my lowest weight)! This after a 12 day stall. I hate the stall part, but the whoosh makes up for it! Hang in there everyone! :)