Getting in a routine is hard!

i want to loss 30 lbs and having a hard time staying in focus during the weekend. I do good all week with keeping track than I just lose it during the weekend. This has been the struggle bus for a while. Growing up I was always on the slim side and now the weight is really affecting me and making me very self cautious. Would love to get some supporters to help me on my journey. I have our one year anniversary pictures coming up in January and need to lose some weight to get back in the dress!!!

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    edited August 2015
    Hi :)

I used to have your exact same problem. I was intensely strict all week - working out hard and counting every calorie that passed my lips! During the week, I was unstoppable.. Come Friday night? Wow. Binge central. I'd been eating nothing but plain salads and realistically, was under eating to such an extent that I felt the weekend was my 'reward'. This was totally the wrong attitude and the constant starving through the week and binge eating at the weekend was wrecking my metabolism (Some may argue it helps - but It just wasn't a healthy way to do things).

My advice to you is work out your maximum amount of calories you need each day to lose weight. Do not deprive yourself. For months, I was on a 1200 calorie a day diet (teamed with 4 work outs a week) and I became very, very hungry and I felt the temptation to binge eat again. After seeking advice from my personal trainer (and from the people here) I worked out I could eat 1500 a day and still lose 0.5lbs a week. So essentially, I will still be losing weight but at a slower rate - however, I won't feel so hungry and I'm less likely to fail and mess up the weekends with really naughty stuff.

Good luck x