Before pictures

Options
I am at the start of my weight loss. I have been doing great, I can honestly say it is the best I have felt in ten years. Anyways, I spend a lot of time looking at the forums and I see all the amazing before and after photos. I decided I was going to take one. That was a month ago. I have totally *****ed out on taking one. I have tried multiple times and it ends up going horribly and i can't bring myself to keep them much less post them. Has anyone else struggled with this?

Replies

• Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I broke down crying after I took my before picture. My husband had a hard time consoling me.

Just remember that you have what it takes, and that there will be an "after", no matter when it happens!

Just take it, upload it into a folder on your computer and forget about it until either next month, or the next 5 lbs milestone, or whatever increment at which you want to take your next photo. These photos can be incredibly motivating when the scale doesn't move much!

Also, take measurements at the same time. They can be a little demotivating at the very beginning ("my thighs are HOW big??"), but it's just one more indicator of success to get you excited in a rough patch ("Ugh, I feel like nothing is changing. What? I'm down a quarter inch off of my upper arms? Huzzah!!")

Nobody has to see those photos right now. Not even you, if you don't want to. Just take them, upload them, forget about them, and work hard at improving your fitness.

Eventually, you'll love looking at the photos! They're so encouraging!

I cried when I saw this first photo for the first time, but these days I feel great looking at the "during" photos :smile::

fdad89ec-8341-495b-bf5a-d4c08ebec15c_zps9da747b2.jpg

You'll get there! Just take the photos!! (take front, side, back, too... some months I mostly see the changes from the back photo).
  • Scottmcteare
    Options
    well done fantastic, keep on smiling
  • whitneysin
    whitneysin Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I have major body image issues, so I feel your pain. I also started crying because I am a former anorexic and very image conscious. Just look at the ballsy girl above me who posted hers, and she looks super hot (cute in the before pic too, IMO).

Dooo it!
  • Pbgrl04
    Pbgrl04 Posts: 129
    Options
    I broke down crying after I took my before picture. My husband had a hard time consoling me.

Just remember that you have what it takes, and that there will be an "after", no matter when it happens!

Just take it, upload it into a folder on your computer and forget about it until either next month, or the next 5 lbs milestone, or whatever increment at which you want to take your next photo. These photos can be incredibly motivating when the scale doesn't move much!

Also, take measurements at the same time. They can be a little demotivating at the very beginning ("my thighs are HOW big??"), but it's just one more indicator of success to get you excited in a rough patch ("Ugh, I feel like nothing is changing. What? I'm down a quarter inch off of my upper arms? Huzzah!!")

Nobody has to see those photos right now. Not even you, if you don't want to. Just take them, upload them, forget about them, and work hard at improving your fitness.

I cried when I saw this first photo for the first time, but these days I feel great looking at the "during" photos :smile::

You'll get there! Just take the photos!! (take front, side, back, too... some months I mostly see the changes from the back photo).

Wow you look great!
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    I have before pics, but they won't go public until I'm at least halfway to my goal and then it's going to be iffy LOL!

I think they are such a good tool to keep you motivated and to look back on when you lose the weight. I plan on taking pics once a month or every 5-10kg to document my progress. I think looking at the pics will help me be realistic about my body and the shape it takes on as I drop the weight.
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options

Wow you look great!

Amazing transformation! :smile:
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Thanks, people!

Zombina, I just wanted to add that I put my photo in there to be encouraging (I can relate to the panic/sadness/weirdness over before photos), not to steal the spotlight of your thread.

I hope you take the photos! :flowerforyou: