Help please! curvy body but flabby

Options
Ive been looking for an answer and everything tells me different wondered if anybody had this experience or guidance.
I have a cury body I have a small frame everybody I speak to thinks I weight about 8 stone but I don't I weight 10 and half and im small 5ft.
Problem is I wouldn't be trying to lose weight if I could tone my body up I love thick curvy shapes but most places I read say to loose the flab cellulite and tone you need to lose weight but how can girls be really thick and toned if that's the case? im bum and thighs heavy.
I do heavy weights at the gym 45-1 hour of cardio 4-5times a week if anybody could help please

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You can't change genetics. Love who you are :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    lifting and cardio will help, so keep it up but genetics also play a role
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I can think of very few women who get disappointed by the results of lifting weights. It will only improve your toosh and thighs. The only thing anyone ever seems to regret from losing a reasonable amount of weight is breast size sometimes goes down dramatically. Hard to predict, though, if that will happen to you.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    It doesn't sound like you are tremendously overweight (if at all), so your curvy figure seems to be genetics. If you wanted to "tone", then you have to eat at a deficit. You cannot pick and choose where the weight comes off, unfortunately, but you are doing the right things with lifting and cardio. Now you need to choose whether to eat at a deficit or not for anything else to change.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Be patient and keep doing what you're doing. In the meantime, love the skin you're in.
    And one word - Squats! :smile:
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Many of the "thick and toned" women you see online are photoshopped, surgically enhanced, or wearing good shapewear. Likely a combo of all three. If they aren't, they've been building muscle for years or are part of the genetically elite. 147 lbs at 5' is about 20 lbs over the healthy range. Unless you are highly muscled, the best bet is to lose fat and lift heavy. You should have good results.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft too. I'm curvy Shaped- hourglass. I only lost the flab and cellulite at about 7stone. I have been 10 stone once and I know I'd never be toned at that weight. Genetics I suppose. I lost weight at 1lb a week, slow and steady
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    JodesP93 wrote: »
    Ive been looking for an answer and everything tells me different wondered if anybody had this experience or guidance.
    I have a cury body I have a small frame everybody I speak to thinks I weight about 8 stone but I don't I weight 10 and half and im small 5ft.
    Problem is I wouldn't be trying to lose weight if I could tone my body up I love thick curvy shapes but most places I read say to loose the flab cellulite and tone you need to lose weight but how can girls be really thick and toned if that's the case? im bum and thighs heavy.
    I do heavy weights at the gym 45-1 hour of cardio 4-5times a week if anybody could help please

You are on the right track, BUT how is your nutrition? Do you weigh everything? Do you have a macro target? Do you know what you're eating and eating at a deficit to lose weight (fat & muscle). You also need to keep your protein intake fairly high (0.6-0.8g/lb bw) to preserve muscle. At your size and weight, for weight loss, you should be eating about 1600-1700 cals/day.

Remember "toning" is a myth, you want to lose fat and preserve muscle to appear more muscular.
  • JodesP93
    JodesP93 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody, i do want to lose weight im eating between 1400-1200 as MPF and TDEE suggest my protein intake is quiet high the only progessed stuff i eat are my snacks. Im not loosing though is this because im lifing heavy in the gym should i just go on how i look and stick to my calories? some people still loose while weight training that's confusing
  • JodesP93
    JodesP93 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Im also going to get a low calorie protien shake to repair my muscles i want to get to 9stone 4lbs idealy
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options

Unless you are extremely muscular, in which case you would not have felt flabby I guess, your weight is way above healthy range for your height. So, yes, the way to go is lose the weight, to lose the flab. If by thick curvy shapes you mean what you usually see in celebrities, then you need to lose quite a lot of weight, up your exercise and most probably consider plastic surgery - most celebrities would not like like they do naturally.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody, i do want to lose weight im eating between 1400-1200 as MPF and TDEE suggest my protein intake is quiet high the only progessed stuff i eat are my snacks. Im not loosing though is this because im lifing heavy in the gym should i just go on how i look and stick to my calories? some people still loose while weight training that's confusing

Well...that kind of depends on several factors:

How long have you been eating 1200-1400 calories? Not everybody starts losing weight the first week. It is very common to not see the scale move for the first several weeks after starting to lift, due to water retention. When you lift weights, your muscles retain water to help with muscle repair. If you're eating in a deficit you are still losing fat but that water weight can mask the fat loss so you see nothing happening, overall weight-wise. You just have to keep eating right and lifting and be patient and eventually you'll see the scale move.

Are you counting your calories as accurately as possible? Ideally, you are weighing your food on a digital scale most of the time. Items that cannot be weighed can be measured with measuring cups/spoons as long as you don't jam extra bites in. If you are at a restaurant you need to be very good at estimating serving sizes (google "food serving size chart" for visual cues.) Then, when you log, you need to pick good entries from the MFP database. I suggest either using the nutrition info from food packaging or searching for USDA entries (e.g., USDA peach, USDA ground beef 85/15, etc.) You can verify the USDA info on the USDA's website.