New here. Can you help me be successful like you?

Options
Hey y'all! My name is Susie and I am a Florida girl living in Texas. Let me tell you, they aren't kidding when they say everything is bigger is Texas! I know that I definitely am! I have been so inspired by the success stories & would be so grateful if some of y'all would connect with me so that I can see how you have been able to do what you have done. Thank you for posting your stories and your tips.

Replies

• Flyingwarrior1966
    Flyingwarrior1966 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome. - I'm only a week ahead of you but still determined to lose weight. join the club and let's do this.
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You've taken the first big step, which is taking responsibility for your health. Unfortunately, we can't help you...not really. You can read the success stories, read fitness advice, read menu advice (don't really recommend this!), read, read, read. Still, you are the only one who can motivate yourself enough to follow any advice. You'll do it when you are ready, which hopefully was your epiphany that spurred your membership here!

The steps are pretty easy. It's staying with it that trips us up.
    Stick to a reasonable calorie goal, with the help of MFP or calculate your TDEE. Eat food that satisfies you whether that's vegetarian, low carb, high carb, etc. Whatever works for YOU. Try for good nutrition and your body will thank you. Water will do wonderful things for your skin.
    Exercise for your health. Start resistance training, do some cardio, have fun! Do what you enjoy and you'll keep on doing it.
    Don't fall for fads like meal replacement shakes. It's $$$ and not a long term solution.
    Each day is a new day. Don't blow everything because you went over one day. Log it, accept it, and start over tomorrow.

Oh! Welcome to Texas! I'm native born but grew up in Missouri, so yeah. It's different ;) We thought we'd be here for 5 yrs for a job, but things happen and we're here for a lot longer than that. The state has some beautiful areas that I hope to explore.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!