Scale won't move

Options
Hi I'm in need of some advice. I have lost 110 pounds in the last 2 years. My goal is to lose 67 more pounds. Unfortunately, losing the last bit has been more of a challenege than losing the 100. I seem to be stuck at the same weight for some time now. I exercise everyday for about a minimum of 45 minutes. I only drink water and rarely eat fast food. I don't really know how to cook so although I stay below my calorie count I guess my choices aren't the best. For example a lot of cold cut sandwiches and microwaveable meals. I guess my question is how do I lose this last bit of weight? What easy and quick food choices are there? Should I see a nutritionist to help me? Any answer to these questions are any help is appreciated.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so we can see your logging... I suspect you aren't logging accurately.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    If you don't cook, that's ok, but you do need to log accurately when you start getting down to your last pounds. At 67 pounds left to lose, your rate of loss can still be 1-2 lbs/week. Once you get to your last 20, that rate slows even more considerably. Tips on getting more control over what you eat would be to:

1-Start learning how to cook healthier meals (allrecipes.com is a great website for all levels of cooks).
    2-Weigh the foods/drinks that you're eating in order to log more accurately.
    3-Eat at maintenance for a few weeks, then restart your deficit. Sometimes you just need a rest, but make sure that you aren't gaining any weight during that time.
    4-Calculate you total daily energy expenditure (TDEE) on the multiple websites available. If you don't know what you're using throughout your day, then you don't know how much you should be eating to get your deficit.
    5-Change up your exercise routine (if you were only doing cardio, then start weight training, if you were only doing weight training, do some HIIT, etc.).

These are just a few ways to try and restart your weight loss.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Looking through your diary everything is in cups and scoops and spoons and generic entries like '1 banana', these can all be very inaccurate. First it's a good idea to start weighing everything to get a proper idea of how much you're eating.

When you say you've been stuck 'for some time', how long is that? Days? Weeks? Months?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Tighten up your logging. It's just generic units of measurement which aren't accurate.

Start using an electric food scale and weigh everything that enters your mouth.