Polar FT7 reviews

Options
Anyone using a polar ft7 to track HR and calories burned? I'm currently using a fitbit charge HR, and I don't love it. I'm looking to downgrade to something a bit more simple & that I can wear while swimming. I've had the polar ft4 in the past and loved it.

Replies

• YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Ft4 and Ft7 are almost identical, I believe the Ft7 gives you zones (fat burning vs fitness), the ft7 can store more training files. So if you loved ft4 you'll love ft7, though if you still own your ft4, then I'm not sure why you would purchase ft7. I'm not 100% sure about ft4 but the ft7 batteries are ultra easy to find for both the chest strap and the watch and replace. So as long as you don't break the device you can pretty much keep it for years.

For now, can't beat the accuracy of a chest strap. The fitbit technology might become more accurate in future models though.
  • FatStephanie15
    FatStephanie15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My ft4 got lost in a move. :/ I thought I would love this fitbit-I researched and compared for 2 months before I bought it- but while I do like it, it's not love. I don't need all this fanciness. haha. ;)
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I got a fitbit one recently for steps/general daily activity (I found it hard to gauge if I was sedentary or not), and got polar ft7 over a year ago to help me determine calories burned, but now just use it for non-step cardio workouts (my favorite exercise is rebounding, which is just a mini trampoline, swimming, and biking). The ft7 has a 30m water resistance which is nice for swimming :)

But yeah I think the price difference between ft4 and ft7 is small, so I would just get ft7 personally. Though, do shop around for best prices.

Always keep in mind hrm are only good at estimating calories burned for cardio workouts, the only use they have for strength training is to help you monitor your heart rate.