Need your help to sort this out , please :-)

Options
Hello, my name is Iryna. I used this app a year ago and along with other things it helped me lose 11 pounds (5 kg). I came back this year hoping to lose another 11 lbs. I started mid May and now that summer is coming to end I regret to say I gained 4.4 lbs (2 kg). I lost 1-2 % of fat though. I've been trying to keep under 1200 calories, not eating after 6pm, I tried High Fat Low Carbs diet, using smaller plates for smaller portions, cutting sweets, pasta, rice and white bread; not all of these together just one by one week after week. I exercised, mostly shaping and cardio plus strength workout (combined in one). In past it gave great results .. Some useful info for those who can answer my concerns : my bmi is 23.4, body fat 27%, age 27 y.o. I know it's considered normal but I'm 5.3 feet (160cm) and 132lbs (60 kg) and it really doesn't look that great.
I lack motivation at this point . I have to admit that though I gained weight during the summer I look a little slimmer. I just want to believe that since my body fat decreased and weight increased I just gained muscle.. Idk whether it's true. I just keep reading that people normally lose 1-2 pouns a week and it's just not my story here. I know it's not weight loss plateau , cause it can't last for 3 months. Can anyone help and explain me anything on getting on track?

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Right... it seems you fell for some pretty bad advice.
    • 1200 net calories is the MINIMUM RDA for a female. You're supposed to hit it, not be under it.
    • Eating after 6pm does not store fat. That's complete bro-science.
    • Eliminating food groups does not make you lose weight

Why don't you just count calories and eat in a deficit? Is it that hard?

How do you know you gained muscle mass?
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    You should change your settings to lose 0.5 lbs per week. And lift heavy weights. I think you'll be happier with the results. You're making things to hard on yourself by cutting out so many things.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    If you started midMay, you have not been eating 1200 calories, and certainly not under. Whatever your maintenance is, you have been eating there, and a bit more. Based on your weight, I woudl guess your calculations are off by about 1000 or so.