Stretch marks

Options
I was wondering what some people did to get rid of stretch marks when they lost weight ? What lotion do you recommend or any ideas really

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You cannot get rid of old stretchmarks, unless you consider surgery.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I made peace with them.

http://loveyourlines.tumblr.com/
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I think most people have them. Surgery is the only way to get rid of them.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are scars, you can't remove them with surgery and creating more scars. Lotions and creams may lessen the appearance, but they'll still be there ...lurking ...waiting
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    they'll fade more and more. I did have some removed after having kids and it was some of the best money I ever spent.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    They fade as time goes by, like all scars.

Some people view them as badges of honor. I don't, lol, but I think that's a good view to take and wish I did. :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    they fade over time. they dont go away.
  • pinkys008
    pinkys008 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I wondered something similar. My stretch marks are there, obviously, but as I lose weight and the skin around my stretch marks gets saggyish, any suggestions for helping it recover? That saggyness really makes the stretch marks stand out. (Or maybe I can see them better, when I can see the underside of my belly?)
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I would rather have the stretch marks then all the fat I used to have.
  • pinkys008
    pinkys008 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yes - but if I could reduce the stretch marks, and the loose skin, why couldn't I have both? I think that's closer to the OPs question. Anybody have success with anything that helps reduce the general skin ugliness that might go along with the fat loss?
  • GeddesFit
    GeddesFit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    pinkys008 wrote: »
    Yes - but if I could reduce the stretch marks, and the loose skin, why couldn't I have both? I think that's closer to the OPs question. Anybody have success with anything that helps reduce the general skin ugliness that might go along with the fat loss?

Bio oil! It's helping to fade mine. I just had baby #2 4 months ago and I've also dropped 32 pounds since that too.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are your battle scars, wear them with pride :)