Help with workouts

Options
I will be working from home 2 days a week and want to try and start doing some kind of workout while I am home. While the weather is nice I'll walk more but once it starts getting yucky I wondered what helps the best....yoga, Pilates, 30 day shred (Gillian Michaels), Zumba or some other type of taped workout.....what worked for you and what would you suggest?

Replies

• LonghornGirlNC
    LonghornGirlNC Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love all of the Walk Away the Pounds videos with Leslie Sansome. Mindless and easy. :) I also have Beach Body On Demand, which has P90X, Insanity, etc. So I can change it up with those workouts, and they do a great job of combining cardio and weight/strength training. Throw in some yoga, and you're all good! Good luck! I work from home, too. So keeping workouts interesting can be challenging!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    What works is consistency. Find workouts you like. For all around fitness you want strength training, cardio and throw in some yoga for flexibility and balance now and again. Lifestyle changes, you want to continue for many years to come.

Leslie Sansone walking DVDs are great....older videos on YouTube are also a great start.

Jessica Smith TV (YouTube channel) has lots of variety - kickboxing, barre, walking style, strength....etc.

http://www.jessicasmithtv.com/exercise-videos/

For Yoga - Hulu.com is great. Tons of videos on there.
  • LisaAnn642015
    LisaAnn642015 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the comments above, I also use DVD workouts at home and my favorites are The Firm which combines your cardio with weight training, Prevention with Chris Freytag who's videos are a lot of fun, and Leslie Sansone has a lot of upbeat dvds like the burn and firm 30 DVD and the Hiit DVD which is High Intensity interval training which is a blast! But like others suggested just do what you enjoy and you'll do Great! Have a Good one!