Help me pick what to purchase for assistance in weight loss!

Hello,

I am between purchasing Herbalife, Shredz for Women, and Bliss Go Pack.

Please tell me what you would recommend and please include why. Don't just say one is good or bad, tell me why it is and so on.

Thanks in advanced!

Replies

• YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    edited August 2015
    I recommend getting a food scale ($10 dollars or so for cheap one), counting your calories accurately by weighing what you eat and logging it on here and eating what you want within your calorie goal without the added expense of these products your looking into.

Weight loss is calories in vs calories out, these products won't help you if your still eating more calories than you burn, and these products are not needed for tracking calories or assisting in calorie counting.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    I recommend getting a food scale ($10 dollars or so for cheap one), counting your calories accurately by weighing what you eat and logging it on here and eating what you want within your calorie goal without the added expense of these products your looking into.

Weight loss is calories in vs calories out, nutritition is watching your macro and micros, fitness is about exercise.

Agreed. All of those products you mentioned are the equivalent of pouring money down the drain.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Very few people here are going to recommend a product for weight loss. Most/many that do are trying to sell you because they get money out of it.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    There is no magic pill that is going to make you skinny. Just hard work and dedication. You're not going to find support for products like these on this forum because you are on a calorie counting app....ohh and yes we like to lose weight for FREE. :)
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member

Weight loss is calories in vs calories out, these products won't help you if your still eating more calories than you burn, and these products are not needed for tracking calories or assisting in calorie counting.

^ This
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,059 Member
    None if those are necessary. Buy a food scale, work out a calorie goal with a reasonable deficit. Those products are nothing but money makers and don't teach you good habits for life. Believe me, most of the people here have tried them at some stage!
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Listen to these people - they are right, get a scale, weigh your food run a cal deficit most days and no reason you can't lose weight eating food you love. I have lost 16 lbs in the last 5 months and didn't have to pay for some expensive "diet" program to be successful. It's really so simple and the only realistic way.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Purchase food, and eat it in controlled quantities. A food scale is also a good idea to help control those quantities more accurately. It works! (Note: "It works," not "ItWorks!")
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Don't waste your money. Instead, have fun at the super market. Buy the things you love, research new foods, weigh them on a scale, fit them in your day. If you're not active, pick up a hobby or move a bit more.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Food scale will be your best purchase. The other stuff you mentioned is just wasting your money.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Obligatory why are there fat celebrities comment

Buy a food scale. Buy new and interesting fruits and vegetables. Buy some comfortable sneakers and get to walking around more, or buy things for a new fitness hobby.

If you still have diet pill money after all that, send it my way.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Even if those diet aids did work, they don't help you keep the weight off because you don't learn anything about how to eat well. As soon as you stop your appetite supposed suppressant/metabolism burner and go back to eating "normal", you will have a problem because "normal" eating is what got you overweight in the first place.

It is backwards to think, "I will get to my goal weight, then I'll be motivated to eat right so I stay skinny". It doesn't work that way for hardly anyone. Learn to eat right on your way to skinny and it will be much more likely to last.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Hello :)

I'm not going to be one of those people that shun a weight-loss product for the sake of shunning weight loss products. I've had personal experience with probably MOST products out there. Every diet pill, fat burner, juice cleanse - you name it, I have done it. So I am shunning these products for that very reasons - the tried and tested. They will not EVER work. For you. For me. For anyone.

Please save your money and go out and buy some decent, fulfilling and balanced foods instead.
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member

This from me also!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,178 Member
    Considering you are still in your teens and have a total of 10 lbs to lose based on your profile, I suggest getting off the computer and finding something more fun to do instead of wasting time, energy and money on this.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    edited August 2015
    Get a good digital food scale. That's pretty much all you need to have because you need to be as accurate as possible when logging food. If you're wanting to exercise, a good pair of shoes is a good idea as well.

Don't waste your money on diet aids, diet books, supplements and powders and the like. They're a waste of money and the only thing they'll teach you is yo-yo dieting. If you want to lose weight and keep it off for life, then focus on learning proper portion sizes (hence, the scale) and good eating habits. You don't have to cut out any food group unless you have a medical reason to do so, and you don't have to focus on 'clean' eating or anything like that. There are no evil foods, you just need to learn how much is too much and go from there.
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member

Yes food scale and counting your calories is all you need.
  • megantischner
    megantischner Posts: 85 Member
    Tried Herbalife and (surprise surprise) it did NOT work. Calorie counting does.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member

So say we most! :smile:
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member

This from me also!

+1