Never used to exercise, now it's easy

Options
marc8686
marc8686 Posts: 199 Member
Made a commitment to make a habit of it by exercising 30 days straight no matter what. Today is day 18 and going strong. I've never even exercised that many days in a handful of months the last 8 years now I've done them consecutively. To record my journey thus far and my thought process starting out I'm putting everything on YouTube. Search "the beginning adams fitness journey" from Marc adams. More people watching and holding me accountable is just more inspiration and motivation so subscribe, comment, etc

Replies

• Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Great work!! I remember when I realized that I was enjoying exercise - what a great moment :smile:. It's looking up for you!
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Congrats on reaching this point. Keep up the great work. I love following people on YouTube and just subscribed. :smile:
  • marc8686
    Options
    Great work!! I remember when I realized that I was enjoying exercise - what a great moment :smile:. It's looking up for you!

Thanks!
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I didn't exercise for years, but then started walking in 2006 (lost 50 pounds, got to goal weight). I've kept up with the activity, I put in at least an hour every day at least five days a week (often much more) and it is absolutely a part of my life now. Unfortunately, I can't out cardio my calories! The weight still snuck back on. So far so good here on MFP tracking calories (joined in May), I'm hoping I can get the "calorie control/counting" as much a part of my everyday as exercise!
  • marc8686
    Options
    I didn't exercise for years, but then started walking in 2006 (lost 50 pounds, got to goal weight). I've kept up with the activity, I put in at least an hour every day at least five days a week (often much more) and it is absolutely a part of my life now. Unfortunately, I can't out cardio my calories! The weight still snuck back on. So far so good here on MFP tracking calories (joined in May), I'm hoping I can get the "calorie control/counting" as much a part of my everyday as exercise!

Congrats on forming such a great habit though! I was very consistent and thorough in calorie tracking for a period of time but for me it wasn't the secret. Was very educational in learning nutrition though. Perhaps I will start again some time in the future. Today was my 21st straight day exercising of my 30 day consistency challenge
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    good for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!