Ready meals and success

Hello,

I was wondering if people would mind looking at my entry today and telling me if it's ok for weight loss ? I have pretty limited options because I live with my parents and have no income (not for lack of trying) so I have no control over the groceries. Fridays are usually the healthier dinner days bu the rest of the week I have to eat frozen food and ready meals so I was also wondering if its even at all possible to lose weight whilst eating such food. =s

Thanks, for any help. ^^

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    It doesn't matter *too much* WHAT you are eating as long as you have a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight. I've just had a look at your diary - is there a reason you haven't added lunch?
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    You are under your calorie goal, so it is okay for weightloss. However, 100g grams of homemade turkey breast, did you weigh that out with a scale, was it your homemade or was it an entry that you found in the database? Your cereal, did you measeure out the milk and was it actualy 1%. If not, all of this may cause you to be eating more than you think and therefore not lose weight.
  • tyediri
    tyediri Posts: 183 Member
    I know it is hard when you live with parents or relatives and don't cook your own food. I used to live with my aunt years ago and I would hover around her writing down everything she used in her cooking, but this was years ago and I never measured it.
    Now, on days when my husband cooks I have asked him to write down all the ingredients and keep all the packaging. He doesn't calorie count himself, but is happy to do this for me. When I get home I go through the list and figure out the weight (easy to figure out if he used the whole packet, if not I'd weigh the remainder and do a simple calculation). It might seem like asking for too much to ask your parents/relatives to weigh and write down everything for you, but you can always ask them to write down the ingredient list or hover around in the kitchen when they are cooking. You could maybe offer to cook for the family once or twice a week and make some yummy, healthy recipes?
    Also nothing wrong with ready meals for weight loss as long as you are within your calorie goal. However, if you also want to eat healthy (i.e. cut out processed food, reduce salt/sugar intake etc), then having lots of ready meals might not be the best.
    Good luck!