How did you lose your last 10 Pounds?

Options
titotito48
titotito48 Posts: 120 Member
i think I will be happy if I lose about 10 more pounds and was just wondering if anyone did anything special to achieve that.

Replies

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Consistency and Patience. Not expecting it to come off fast. .5lbs/week.

I've been at goal for about 6 months now. I know how frustrating those last 10 are...but I basically did the same thing I did when I was losing the other 10, CICO. I added no more exercise and didn't eat less or different. I just stuck with it and it finally came off.
  • titotito48
    Options
    So it took about 20 weeks to lose the last 10? I am not unhappy with my weight, especially since I run. I feel that I lost more inches because of that, but I am anxious to get there? Seems like it's taking forever
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Yes, about that. I only had 20lbs to lose (regain after losing 50), I knew it would take forever and I was ok with that. You have to be. It's the only way you'll keep yourself sane. You aren't a number on a scale. 10lbs will not make you a better person or really make you happier. You'll also need to think about maintaining - because I'm here to tell you it's not all fun and games! I'm really no happier at 150 than I was at 160. My size 6 jeans aren't magical. And no one can really tell I've even lost the 20lbs. I only did that for me.

I look at it as you have 2 choices. You can stay the course and lose the weight slowly over many weeks, or you can just be happy as you are and learn how to maintain where you are currently are. No magic fixes.

This isn't meant to be mean. This is me relaying my experience. In a very straightforward way...take it as you will.

Good luck with your goals, and journey.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    The last 10 are slow, in my case it was painfully slow but more as I don't like a big deficit and was eating too close to maintenance a lot of the time.
    I upped my work outs and that helped and tried to be more accurate with food logging, when I did that I lost 1/2lb consistently...but there were weeks I wasn't as accurate and maintained...

(umm it took me 6 months losing the last 10lbs)
  • titotito48
    Options
    Ok. Sounds like I just have to be patient
  • xxItsViviBaby
    xxItsViviBaby Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD THIS IS ME. I started my weight loss journey only having 20 pounds to lose, lost 10, but now have been yo-yoing between 128-135 for like a year. I go back and forth between wanting to really lose it and wanting to eat (plus my boyfriend isn't entirely understanding/supportive which doesn't help), but then I'll gain a few pounds back and tell myself I really have to do it this time and will get back on with it. Now I'm looking at 10-12 pounds I'd like to lose and know it will take at least a month to lose it. I just really hope I can stick with it this time and get past the rut I seem to find myself in after hitting 128. Don't get discouraged! Have those cheat days occasionally but don't do what I've done for the past year and get impatient to the point you gain back and have to start all over, it SUCKS and it's not worth it! Good luck on your last 10! You can do it!
  • bkate24
    bkate24 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It took me 2 months (6/29 to 8/30) of workouts 2-4 times a week, really tight logging and 1200-1400ish calories a day to lose 10 lbs, going from BMI 23.1 to 21.6. It's slow and frustrating.

I learned I had to pretty much avoid restaurant food because even if it was lower in cals, the salt made me gain water weight which affected my scale weight for days. That made me lose incentive because I lost my "low" numbers. If I eat at home, I avoid the fluctuations and am more motivated to stay on track because I see those lower and lower numbers more regularly.

Good luck!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    I shot for .5 lb a week, worked out for fitness, ate back my exercise calories. Lost an average of .5 lb a week. If you're consistent, it will come off.
  • markstone789
    markstone789 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of losing the last 10 lbs, too. As everyone here stated, it's slow. It's so far 3 weeks & 1 1/2 or 2 lbs in progress. My challenge is that I want to lose not just 10 lbs but 10 lbs fat. Sending out friends request. Hope to learn from you guys to join the "I have lost my last 10 lbs" club.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!