0 weight loss in 2 weeks

Options
Hi,

I need some advice. I started logging food in MFP and exercising on June 16th 2015. I was 250 pounds. I set up my goal to lose 2 pounds per week with sedentary setting. Today on 8/28 I am 225 pounds. But I haven’t lost a single pond in the last 2 weeks. I am eating right, I am drinking enough water, I am walking/running every day for 3 miles and my calorie deficit is always more than 1200 per day (I don’t eat back my calories).

This is getting really frustrating now. I know I am not going to lose 2 pounds every week, but not having my scale move at all for 2 week is something that I wasn’t expecting.

Your response is highly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so we can see your logging.

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Well, first off, males shouldn't eat less than 1500 calories. Especially one of your age and size. It's not sustainable or healthy, which is probably part of that "frustrated" feeling you are experiencing. I'm 5'11, 150lbs, 36 year old female and I lost weight on 1500 calories.

When you joined MFP and entered your info, did it really say to max out at 1200 calories daily, or did you feel that it was the right number to hit? If it was the latter, you may need to reconsider some things.

Are you weighing your food? Are you logging everything accurately everyday? Are you absolutely sure you are really eating that low every day? Because, science says you'd be losing very quickly (not healthily, but quickly).

I'm assuming one of two things. All the running you are doing is retaining water, which will show up on the scale as pounds. And/or you are eating more than you think. Science really says those are the only 2 things it COULD be.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    Well, first off, males shouldn't eat less than 1500 calories. Especially one of your age and size. It's not sustainable or healthy, which is probably part of that "frustrated" feeling you are experiencing. I'm 5'11, 150lbs, 36 year old female and I lost weight on 1500 calories.

When you joined MFP and entered your info, did it really say to max out at 1200 calories daily, or did you feel that it was the right number to hit? If it was the latter, you may need to reconsider some things.

Are you weighing your food? Are you logging everything accurately everyday? Are you absolutely sure you are really eating that low every day? Because, science says you'd be losing very quickly (not healthily, but quickly).

I'm assuming one of two things. All the running you are doing is retaining water, which will show up on the scale as pounds. And/or you are eating more than you think. Science really says those are the only 2 things it COULD be.

I think you misread... OP never said he was eating 1200 calories. He said his deficit was more than 1200 calories, he never specifically mentioned his caloric intake.

:huh:
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

I think you misread... OP never said he was eating 1200 calories. He said his deficit was more than 1200 calories, he never specifically mentioned his caloric intake.

:huh:

Ok. Thanks for pointing that out. Maybe I did. But if he really was at a 1200 calorie deficient, he'd be losing weight like gang busters.

• mirzeeshan
    mirzeeshan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies!!
    I am 5.8 and 32 years old. I eat 1500 calories a day. Run/walk 6-7 days a week. My calorie deficit is always around 1200 per day. It's just the last two weeks that I haven't seen the scale moving.
  • mirzeeshan
    mirzeeshan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Also, I log everything I eat, I weigh everything I eat.
  • LindaUU
    LindaUU Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are doing quite a lot of exercise so perhaps you are turning your body into muscle which is heavier than fat that you have probably burnt. Have you written everything down you eaten? I am being positively anal the past three days, every time I eat something, I write it in a little diary so I can put it on the diary later onto my Fitness Pal. Keep it up and don't get disheartened.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    LindaUU wrote: »
    You are doing quite a lot of exercise so perhaps you are turning your body into muscle which is heavier than fat that you have probably burnt. Have you written everything down you eaten? I am being positively anal the past three days, every time I eat something, I write it in a little diary so I can put it on the diary later onto my Fitness Pal. Keep it up and don't get disheartened.

No. He's not trading off 1lb of fat with 1lb of muscle... 1lb of muscle takes a while to grow.

Muscle is not heavier than fat. 1lb of muscle = 1lb of fat...they both weigh the same. Muscle is more dense than fat.

• IsaackGMOON
    Options
    mirzeeshan wrote: »
    Also, I log everything I eat, I weigh everything I eat.

As I said.. open your diary. What you think is accurate, might not actually be accurate.

OPEN THE DAIRY