Help Me

This is my first week, any suggestions to help keep me on track?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    Weigh and log everything you eat
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Here's my suggestions.

1. Take it easy on yourself out of the gate. Log everything you eat to get an idea of what you currently do. (It was kind of eye opening for me when I started doing that. I always told myself that I ate healthy foods but just too much. I was totally lying to myself. I was eating high calorie, low nutrient food AND too much of it.)

2.Don't immediately try to cut out a bunch of foods like starches or sugars (unless a doctor told you to). Eliminating food groups you like without a medical reason usually ends in failure.

3. Realize that if you exercise, you can eat more. MFP suggests how many calories you should eat for a desired weight loss without exercise. If you are exercising you can eat back some or all of the calories burned exercising.

4. Drink a ton of water. It will help with feeling full and most of us don't get enough. When I switched from diet soda to water my skin started to look nice and I slept better. Who knew?

5. Don't stress. To lose weight is hard, but keeping it off is just as hard. This takes a long *kitten* time. Like the rest of your life. If you have a day where you eat too much, log it and move on. Eventually the good days outweigh the days you overate.

6. Don't make it complicated. Do what the website tells you. It works and is based on science.

Climbing off my soapbox now.
  • sunshine4u40
    sunshine4u40 Posts: 6 Member
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Weigh and log everything you eat

Thank you
  • sunshine4u40
    sunshine4u40 Posts: 6 Member
    Here's my suggestions. <3 thank you so much for the advice. I will use every thing you mention.

1. Take it easy on yourself out of the gate. Log everything you eat to get an idea of what you currently do. (It was kind of eye opening for me when I started doing that. I always told myself that I ate healthy foods but just too much. I was totally lying to myself. I was eating high calorie, low nutrient food AND too much of it.)

2.Don't immediately try to cut out a bunch of foods like starches or sugars (unless a doctor told you to). Eliminating food groups you like without a medical reason usually ends in failure.

3. Realize that if you exercise, you can eat more. MFP suggests how many calories you should eat for a desired weight loss without exercise. If you are exercising you can eat back some or all of the calories burned exercising.

4. Drink a ton of water. It will help with feeling full and most of us don't get enough. When I switched from diet soda to water my skin started to look nice and I slept better. Who knew?

5. Don't stress. To lose weight is hard, but keeping it off is just as hard. This takes a long *kitten* time. Like the rest of your life. If you have a day where you eat too much, log it and move on. Eventually the good days outweigh the days you overate.

6. Don't make it complicated. Do what the website tells you. It works and is based on science.

Climbing off my soapbox now.