Eat exercise calories?

I'm brand new to this. This is my first post on the forum. I was curious about the extra exercise calories. Do you always eat those extra calories? Thanks for the help!

Replies

• suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    From what I have seen on here most people eat about half their exercise calories because the MFP exercise calculator is rather generous when it doles out the extras.
  • zippadeedo
    zippadeedo Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks suziecue!
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    It depends on how you calculate your exercise calories. If you're just putting in times and letting MFP do it, only eat back about half of them because MFP can vastly overestimate your burn. This is because MFP uses averages to make the calculations, and most of us don't fall into the averages it uses. If you're using a heart rate monitor, that will be a lot more accurate, but you still should fall on the side of caution and leave about 10% of those uneaten too.
  • What's the best thing to use to record exercising ? I downloaded the my fit tracker but heard not compatible :neutral: is that true?
  • brie_don44
    brie_don44 Posts: 7 Member
    Your fit bit? Or another device? I have a fit bit and as long as I sync in my fitbit app before I sync in this app, it works for me.