Alternative to nuts

I'm allergic to nuts and looking for convenient healthy protein packed snacks - any suggestions?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Beef jerky, edamame, portion packs of cheese?
  • BalletAndBarbells
    BalletAndBarbells Posts: 334 Member
    Thanks - hoping for low fat too - cheese is a major weakness of mine! Have lost 35lb recently and still have 25 to go!
    I find edamame beans tasteless - love wasabi peas but again not that healthy!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Low fat greek yogurt.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Greek yogurt. Protein bars.

Nuts are not a good source of protein anyway.
  • BalletAndBarbells
    Francl27 wrote: »

Thanks - looking for something to leave in my bag so yoghurt not a great option. I've tried a few protein bars - most absolutely awful! Promax (I'm in the UK) seem ok but do you have any suggestions re bars that actually taste nice?
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    debsbiggs wrote: »
    I'm allergic to nuts and looking for convenient healthy protein packed snacks - any suggestions?

Can you eat sunflower or pumpkin seeds?

• BalletAndBarbells
    andympanda wrote: »

Can you eat sunflower or pumpkin seeds?

Yes but why would you? Need something appealing to stop me reaching for crap!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

Thanks - looking for something to leave in my bag so yoghurt not a great option. I've tried a few protein bars - most absolutely awful! Promax (I'm in the UK) seem ok but do you have any suggestions re bars that actually taste nice?

I have no idea what's available in the UK.. especially if you're allergic to nuts. Tough one. Maybe you could look up some recipes to make your own? Or I'd probably have to go with beef jerky too.. but that would be boring fast.

Pumpkin seeds are good though, if you can find them flavored with vanilla or something.
  • This content has been removed.
  • BalletAndBarbells
    Is cross-contamination an issue?

No, not that allergic - just can't eat actual nuts!