Cant stop hating my body

Options
kameo_kid
kameo_kid Posts: 9 Member
edited August 2015 in Motivation and Support
I feel as if no matter what goal ive reached it is never enough. Im a 5'10 male and seeing all the attractive tv and movie model/bodybuilder types with their 6 pack abs and tapered waists makes me feel like nothing. Its a struggle to feel happiness. Im not fat but im not where i wish to be and frankly, I dont know what that is anymore. I simply hate my body. It is exhausting knowing that no depth of achievement can bring me any satisfaction. I always feel like Ive been better at some other point but fail to recognize when its with me. :(

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You need to seek professional help, hating yourself is no way to live.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Then you need to consider that the problem is psychological and emotional, not physical. Changing your body isn't likely to fix how you feel. You may want to consider talking to a counselor or therapist.

I will tell you, though, that most people don't expect or achieve that look. It is within the realm of possibility, but it doesn't make you any less of a person if you don't have it.
  • kameo_kid
    kameo_kid Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the words. Ive had help before. I take antidepressants and antianxiety meds. I also deal with a form of ocd that is the cause for incessant thinking.

• deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    kameo_kid wrote: »
    Thanks for the words. Ive had help before. I take antidepressants and antianxiety meds. I also deal with a form of ocd that is the cause for incessant thinking.

Many of those photos of perfect bodies have been airbrushed. Love yourself for being the real you.

• BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Yeah,lots of air brushed, touched up bodies all over the media. It seems like "normal" is s 6 pack. It isn't. It's rare. Keep working on accepting yourself for who you are, and get in as good shape as you can. Which might not be a 6 pack.

I'm sorry you're in so much pain and wish I could say something that would really help you with your thoughts, that keep you from just accepting and loving who you are.