weigh yourself!!!

Options
Hi, I would like to know how often and what time during the day do you weigh yourself? I weigh myself every time I go to the gym (5-6 times a week). I just can't help! :p

Replies

• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    mops89 wrote: »
    Hi, I would like to know how often and what time during the day do you weigh yourself? I weigh myself every time I go to the gym (5-6 times a week). I just can't help! :p

Check the bazillion threads in this forum about this topic
  • hotasfire36
    hotasfire36 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week on Sat morning
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

What is so wrong with them asking?
  • 89GermanG
    89GermanG Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I will not check bazillion of threads just to get a simple answer. If you don't like it, don't answer. ;)
  • wrabbit007
    wrabbit007 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily first thing in the morning. Have noticed, however, that I get a lower reading when I weigh myself in the early evening before dinner. Thinking maybe I'm retaining water in the morning (I crave it at night like nobody's business) so that might be why I'm a bit heavier in the morning. Either way, pick a regular time and stick with it. Take averages too, as daily weigh-ins fluctuate a lot!
  • Domicinator
    Domicinator Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily: in the morning, post workout, and no clothes. I don't see a problem with weighing daily as long as you can handle the fact that weight loss is not linear. If you're doing things right, the trend will be down.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    I will not check bazillion of threads just to get a simple answer. If you don't like it, don't answer. ;)

The answer you seek has been given a bazillion times before. Just look for these threads and you will have all the reading material you want rather than waiting on responses to your standard thread.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

The answer you seek has been given a bazillion times before. Just look for these threads and you will have all the reading material you want rather than waiting on responses to your standard thread.

How does it harm you if she asks a question that has been answered before? Why attack her for that?
  • ncboiler89
    edited August 2015
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

How does it harm you if she asks a question that has been answered before? Why attack her for that?

lol @ attack. Teach a man to fish yo!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

In the morning after I go to the restroom, every day. I log my weight and monitor what it's doing.
  • steponebyone
    steponebyone Posts: 123 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

lol @ attack. Teach a man to fish yo!

I don't know you, but I'm getting real sick of your negativity on different posts. If people want to ask questions, then they have the right to do so without some lame half response not even referring to the question. Take your opinions elsewhere please and thank you. :)
  • steponebyone
    Options
    Usually I weigh myself once a week so I don't get discouraged. That way I'm sure to see results, most weeks anyway.
  • Sarri93
    Sarri93 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good lord, some people are so sensitive.

@steponebyone and everyone else who's getting offended by someone saying to look for the million other threads. Some places have rules in place that you have to make sure something hasn't been posted or asked recently before posting. It clogs up the content for other legitimate, unasked questions and conversations.
  • steponebyone
    Options
    Sarri93 wrote: »

@steponebyone and everyone else who's getting offended by someone saying to look for the million other threads. Some places have rules in place that you have to make sure something hasn't been posted or asked recently before posting. It clogs up the content for other legitimate, unasked questions and conversations.

Understood. I'm not usually one to comment, but after several of these comments on various posts from this person, I just felt the need to say something. All good though here!
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    On a Saturday morning without clothes after the bathroom
  • Billy213
    Billy213 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    +1 for those nude Saturday mornings after going to the toilet.
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Once a week, first thing in the morning after bathroom and before anything goes down my throat. I don't see the point in weighing every day because there are too many fluctuations.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Sarri93 wrote: »

This place has rules that say that MFP "explicitly allow members to post questions that have been asked previously by other members".

9. Do Not Post the Same Topic on Multiple Boards or Groups

Please choose the most appropriate board or group for your post and post it once. Posting the same message to multiple boards or multiple groups is a form of spam. Please note that this is NOT a guideline against inadvertently posting a question another member has asked before. We explicitly allow members to post questions that have been asked previously by other members. If you see a member post a topic that you think has been asked before by another member, please respond politely or simply move on. However, the same member cannot ask the same question or post the same topic more than once.

@OP I weigh myself every day, but use a graph to see the trends (so that the little, natural blips don't concern me!)
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Every morning,bare *kitten* naked, after taking a leak.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Since you're weighing yourself often you should log your weight using trendweight or an app like Libra. It averages out the weight over time, this can be helpful with understanding fluctuations. Unfortunately MFP's weight reports don't include this feature.