Body Pump, Body Attack, or Body Combat?

Options
Which do you prefer? Which do you feel burns the most calories for you?

Replies

• AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Nu clue on calorie burn.
    Just want to say that I LOVE combat, really like pump, and really dislike Attack.
    But that's just my personal opinion.

They are all great workouts and one is not better than the other.
    Pump however does have the benefit of incorporating weights, while the other two are pure cardio.
  • BalletAndBarbells
    BalletAndBarbells Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Love pump and combat. Never tried attack so can't comment on that. As for calorie burn, no idea but I think pump has massively improved my strength whilst the cardio element of combat has helped with fitness. I tend to do both classes one after the other and certainly feel l like I've worked hard at the end of the 2 hours! It's great having a good instructor to encourage you and the social aspect and motivation of group classes. You do have to push yourself though as I see plenty of people in the classes who just cruise through at 50% effort and barely break a sweat and I've been guilty of this on occasion my self!
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I used to love combat, but I find attack is so much more of a cardio challenge so it's long since replaced combat. Pump is great if you perfect your form and then increase your weights; so many people seem to sleepwalk through with 1kg on each end of the bar, barely breaking a sweat.
  • nikkiab86
    nikkiab86 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I like the look of combat. I guess pump would be good too.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Does anyone know where to buy the Pump DVD set? Seems like it's no longer a Beachbody product, and I can't find it on amazon or eBay.
  • firebloom
    firebloom Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I LOVE combat. Pump is great too but I've only been once and want to keep going. I also want to try attack but I haven't yet. Maybe I will this week once I recover from all of the squats that I did today!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    @Ringbearer2 - There are quite a few DVD's on ebay. Try searching for Les Mills.
  • peachyt82
    peachyt82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi @Ringbearer2 I'm actually a Team Beachbody coach and Combat is available at a very good discount as it is a clearance product. Very limited stock.
  • yogadove
    yogadove Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    These classes are all offered at my gym and Combat is amazing, I haven't tried the others. Pump looks fun but I don't know anything about weights and the class is so full that I don't feel like wrestling for floor space in a class I know nothing about.
  • juliebowling1
    juliebowling1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I really liked bodypump at the Y but the classes were so full that we were packed like sardines.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    cblue315 wrote: »
    @Ringbearer2 - There are quite a few DVD's on ebay. Try searching for Les Mills.
    thanks! I had a look but couldn't find the complete set. I'll look again!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I really liked bodypump at the Y but the classes were so full that we were packed like sardines.

This is why I never do Attack. I even talked to the instructor about it. It's a great class but I actually get a little claustrophobic and worry about getting hit or running into somebody else.

Body pump is a good workout but I prefer heavy lifting with my own routine and doing a separate cardio workout. I've never done combat so can't comment.

From a calorie burn perspective, I'd say either of the two pure cardio classes will give you a higher calorie burn during the class with an edge to attack for its HIIT elements but pump will have a longer effect on your body with the strength component.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I've never done Combat so I don't have any opinion on that one. I do Pump once a week and used to do Attack religiously. I found that when I was doing attack, my stamina and energy levels were much higher. Sometimes the high impact nature of it could be a bit taxing, though.
    With pump, I'm usually hit and miss on some of the tracks. Sometimes the abs tracks are good, and sometimes (like this newest release), not so much. I think Pump is really more of a cardio class with weights rather than straight lifting. I like the results I have gotten so far, though.
  • Candicem99
    Candicem99 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am just about to start Combat and will also be doing Body Pump with it. For those that do pump - what's the highest weight that you lift. I am trying to gauge if I need to go up in weight.
  • BalletAndBarbells
    BalletAndBarbells Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I use 30kg for squats, 20kg for back track, 15kg for shoulders and 12.5kg for chest, 2x5kg dumbbells for triceps and biceps. I squat on the lunge track because of an old knee injury but use a 25kg bar. I've built up to this over a few months and you definitely need to get your form perfect before adding weight. I've been stuck at these weights for a few weeks and hope to go up a bit further soon.
    Good luck!