Polar m400

Options
Lately I've been researching a lot of different fitness bands & the Polar m400 gps watch caught my eye. Does anyone on here own one or know anything about it to give their opinion? Would you recommend it? What's the biggest thing you don't like about it? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I was a devoted Polar user for a long time--over ten years. Had a LOT of problems with my last HRM. I spent more time sending it back to Polar than I did wearing it. It was not a positive customer service experience at all. Very disappointing. I switched to Garmin and have been very happy. I definitely prefer Garmin's 5 HR zones to Polar's 3. And the website interface (Garmin Connect) has much more information. The smart phone app works really well. Polar didn't sync with Mac, so if you have an Apple computer, double check--they may have changed that.

When I upgraded my fitness tracker a few months ago, I was looking for one that was also a HRM. I settled on a Garmin Vivoactive watch (and chest strap). Not sure what features you're looking for, but here's the website I used as a starting point--it was really helpful:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2404445,00.asp

Best sports accessory ever! :smiley:
  • jessicatombari
    jessicatombari Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar m400!! I got it in May and I LOVE IT!! I wear it everyday. It comes with the heart rate monitor. I have never had any issues with it so far it's been working beautifully. My favourite thing about it is that it's so easy to use and really does track your movements honestly. It knows when you're sleeping or not even wearing the device!! It's still my favourite purchase of the year. Helps keep me motivated and syncs to MFP flawlessly.