Vegetarian meals

Options
Athijade
Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
Hey all! I'm looking to make a greater number of my meals vegetarian, mostly due to financial concerns as the price of meat is just getting beyond what I can afford. The biggest issues I have been running in to is (1) finding recipes and (2) the fact that I have a lot of food restrictions due to medical issues. An example of some of the things I can't have include tomatoes, citrus, soy, alcohol, or spicy foods (and I am leaving a lot out).

I guess what I am looking for are websites, blogs, or even cookbooks that have a good selection of vegetarian meals. Or even just meal suggestions in general that may work! Thanks!

Replies

• mary_mullen
    mary_mullen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The book of vegan is AMAZING
  • catclark007
    catclark007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here's what I made for dinner tonight. It was delicious! She gives an option for a non-soy miso.
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2014/03/09/hearty-vegetable-miso-soup/

Also, I recommend emeals.com. They have a vegetarian option and all of the recipes are easy with no weird ingredients. You may be able to find a groupon for the subscription.
  • BekahC1980
    BekahC1980 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Allrecipes.com
  • nd1111
    nd1111 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Manjula's Kitchen on youtube. All her recipes are vegetarian
  • Jenna12186
    Jenna12186 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »
    Hey all! I'm looking to make a greater number of my meals vegetarian, mostly due to financial concerns as the price of meat is just getting beyond what I can afford. The biggest issues I have been running in to is (1) finding recipes and (2) the fact that I have a lot of food restrictions due to medical issues. An example of some of the things I can't have include tomatoes, citrus, soy, alcohol, or spicy foods (and I am leaving a lot out).

I guess what I am looking for are websites, blogs, or even cookbooks that have a good selection of vegetarian meals. Or even just meal suggestions in general that may work! Thanks!
    Look on the Vegetarian Times Magazine website :-)
  • purplishblue
    purplishblue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    frozen chicken breasts in big bags. affordable. don't pass that up.
    i have pretty much given up on red meat, can't afford that (will not touch ground meat).
    Um they're asking for vegetarian meals....

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It might help to come up with a short list of foods that are allowed. Sucks that spices are off the list. That's the premier way I make my legumes fun. Can you eat garlic?

This recipe book looks helpful. You may have to substitute some ingredients for what you are allowed.

https://books.google.ca/books?id=rEHRAwAAQBAJ&dq=old+fashioned+lentil+casserole
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    ohsheglows.com
    Tons of great vegan veg recipes.
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    ohsheglows.com
    Tons of great vegan veg recipes.

+1 for Oh She Glows! A lot of her recipes are soy free as well. You might also want to check out Yum Universe.