Drinking

Options
Been good for 2wks straight, now I have this party this wknd and I'm planing to drink, but now I kind don't want to lose my good diet that I been working hard on. Any alcoholic drinks you can recommend?

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    What's your poison? I like vodka, in it I put a teeenie bit of 7up, and water....three drinks is still under 200 cals...
  • nikkilooloo99
    nikkilooloo99 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My problem is beer...I stick to the bud 55, which is weak, but it still has the beer taste without the cals and carbs.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    IMHO, why drink something you don't enjoy? Alcohol is alcohol. All of it has the same buzz/calorie. Full disclosure: I'm writing this at a bar enjoying a good IPA.
  • Miss13x
    Miss13x Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    What's your poison? I like vodka, in it I put a teeenie bit of 7up, and water....three drinks is still under 200 cals...

Ha! Tequila, rum and beer, not big fan of vodka or wine.
  • Miss13x
    Options
    IMHO, why drink something you don't enjoy? Alcohol is alcohol. All of it has the same buzz/calorie. Full disclosure: I'm writing this at a bar enjoying a good IPA.

Good tip!
  • Miss13x
    Options

If you going to cheat might as go all the way!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Miss13x wrote: »

Life's too short to drink crappy beer.
  • momoharuno
    momoharuno Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Why not just do a diet rum and coke? They're awesome and low calorie. My husband and I prefer coke zero with Kraken spiced black rum, it's extremely smooth, delicious, and 94 proof so you can nurse it or be good in a couple drinks and switch to water or plain diet coke, either way you end up drinking less :)
  • myname20
    myname20 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Gin Tonic! or gin generally

Any spirit with diet coke (although I read that diet coke is worse for weight loss than normal coke)

Sometimes I drink homemade mojito - rum/gin/vodka and unflavored carbonated water, lemon, lime, mint, ice (NO sugar)

Red wine

Basically, try to chose `clean` alcohol - no cocktails, white wines, I wouldnt recommend beer too, but I dont drink it so Im not sure how bad it is.

Write on google `best cocktails and alcoholic drinks for diet`:D

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Vodka and club soda. If you're at a party you can bring your own mixer. I really like La Croix coconut sparkling water, splash of pineapple juice, and rum.
  • Miss13x
    Options

momoharuno wrote: »
    Why not just do a diet rum and coke? They're awesome and low calorie. My husband and I prefer coke zero with Kraken spiced black rum, it's extremely smooth, delicious, and 94 proof so you can nurse it or be good in a couple drinks and switch to water or plain diet coke, either way you end up drinking less :)

I do like rum. Thanks for the tip.