Need to trim inches quickly

Options
My husband and I are renewing our vows on July 13th. We never had a wedding so we figured our 10th anniversary would be perfect. My dress was delivered yesterday (from China) and it won't zip!!! I need to trim about 3 inches of fat from my upper waist/back. Any suggestions? I have 3 weeks! Yikes!!!:embarassed:

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Soup and laxatives.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Increase your water intake and decrease your sodium intake and you should lose 2 inches of water weight quickly

Lower carbs to 150 or less for the next three week and add in some walking/jogging/zumba whatever works for you and another inch or two.

Its doable! Promise!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    In that short of time I would suggest eat right, exercise, and invest in spanx or similar shape wear. 3" is quite a bit, if you had shale wear of some sort you might be able make it more of a manageable number
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ain't gonna happen.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...because while I don't have any suggestions, I suspect there are a few on my FL who may have some good advice...

...and because I'm interested to see if OP reaches her goal by the deadline.

Good luck.
  • MidniteDayDream
    MidniteDayDream Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I would suggest doing a routine of sit-ups, planks, push-ups every day. It will help some, but it won't get rid of all of the inches. Eat healthy and clean (as little processed foods as possible), keep your sodium intake very low, drink a lot of water (straight plain water) and that will help a lot.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    You had ten years notice!!

Actually, I recommend a body wrap in your case. It is temporary, but hey, it may work.
  • kaseyrose87
    kaseyrose87 Posts: 125
    Options
    You had ten years notice!!

Actually, I recommend a body wrap in your case. It is temporary, but hey, it may work.

Where do you get these body wraps from?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I would suggest doing a routine of sit-ups, planks, push-ups every day. It will help some, but it won't get rid of all of the inches. Eat healthy and clean (as little processed foods as possible), keep your sodium intake very low, drink a lot of water (straight plain water) and that will help a lot.

Are you saying that she should try spot reducing? Even to claim that spot reducing "will help some" seems to be a remarkable stretch that is not supported in any way by science. The only thing I've heard of that might have some spot reducing effect would be applying heat to the area which increases blood flow and as a result increases fat oxidation, but I don't know if this effect will have any meaningful impact in such a short time frame.

And while I agree with reducing sodium intake and drinking plenty of water (and I would add to reduce carbs in order to reduce muscle glycogen), I don't understand how eating "clean" would have any effect (or even what it means in this context).
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Ain't gonna happen.

I lost more than 3 inches my my first three weeks :)
  • MidniteDayDream
    MidniteDayDream Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Are you saying that she should try spot reducing? Even to claim that spot reducing "will help some" seems to be a remarkable stretch that is not supported in any way by science. The only thing I've heard of that might have some spot reducing effect would be applying heat to the area which increases blood flow and as a result increases fat oxidation, but I don't know if this effect will have any meaningful impact in such a short time frame.

And while I agree with reducing sodium intake and drinking plenty of water (and I would add to reduce carbs in order to reduce muscle glycogen), I don't understand how eating "clean" would have any effect (or even what it means in this context).

I lost 2 inches in my bust/upper back area by doing the planks, sit-ups and push-ups. Eating clean is just staying away from processed foods (soups, deli meats, boxed meals, etc). Every body is different though. I was just suggesting what I have seen work for and help me.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Invest in a really good gangsta body girdle to suck in the fat and keep it in place so you can squeeze yourself into that dress.

Speaking from experience you more than likely won't be able to eat or breathe with it on but at least you'll fit into the dress and look pretty.

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • TrinaHouse
    TrinaHouse Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the advice! I am actually planning to go to a body wrap party tomorrow and I was hoping minimizing bra would help free up some space!!! I screwed up big time when I ordered my dress... I ordered the wrong size! So not really 10yrs notice. Lol
  • TrinaHouse
    TrinaHouse Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I am on it!!!!
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    The body wrap will temporarily help with the water weight. If you do a low carb diet until the big day you will lose some inches. I hope that helps:)
  • trodney1104
    trodney1104 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just do the best that you can do in the time you have. Be careful about what you try. You don't want to hurt yourself. If necessary, get spanx &/or look into letting the dress out. I know you hate the thought, but ....... Above all else, don't stress out about it. Your hubby loves you & at the end of the day, you will still walk down that aisle. I'm praying for you! It will work out!
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options
    wraps can also temporarily make you gain inches. I did.

shapewear or a proper corset and someone strong to tie you in.
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options
    Just do the best that you can do in the time you have. Be careful about what you try. You don't want to hurt yourself. If necessary, get spanx &/or look into letting the dress out. I know you hate the thought, but ....... Above all else, don't stress out about it. Your hubby loves you & at the end of the day, you will still walk down that aisle. I'm praying for you! It will work out!

Going to a tailor to see if they can let your dress out is a good idea too. Just dont take it to a big chain store for alterations. They charge far more than small local shops. If you dont know where to start call around small bridal shopss for suggestions or even your local dry cleaner for suggestions.
  • histhymepc
    Options
    Wow, be a little encouraging.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Spanx will help, too.