Hi new at this

hi I am Debbie I am new to this
I am having problems setting up
Anyone with experience and free time want to help me please :)
About me I am a grandmother and I have a thyroide that is packing on my weight this is the heavyset I have ever been and not feeling well tired so I joined the gym and I am vitamins trying to feel n look better thanks for looking have a great day

Replies

• peggykirkby
    peggykirkby Posts: 27 Member
    Hi Debbie

I'm 61, grandmotger X50, greatgran X9, so I feel your pain!

When my sons gave me this, my first, Smartphone, the very first app they insisted I diwnload was MFP...that was about 5 months ago. Since then, I've lost only 22 lbs...slow, but steady improvements to my health and weight, MOSTLY because I'm always aware of what I'm putting in my body...and I make my daily entries EVEN WHEN I'M SICK!

Start by getting in the habit of going to your Diary (top left nav bars) every single time you decide to eat or drink ANYthing (Add Food). You can do a search to find a matching food entry OR, if you have the original pck, click on the barcode icon to the right of the search bar and scan your pck's barcode. I prefer this as it's verifiable.

You can create your own food list, btw (My Recipes & Foods...top left nav bars). Just get a pen and paper, write down the nutritional info on pkg, go to Foods, click +Add and follow the prompts!

This way, when you make diary entries, you won't have to search through dozens, only your list!

I'm no expert now, but I used to be, 40 yrs ago when I was in training for competition. Knowledge, methods and science m AM determined to get into the best shape I can, health issues and all, so please feel fee to add me as a friend if you care to!
  • peggykirkby
    peggykirkby Posts: 27 Member
    (Dang...typing on smartphones stinks! A few corrections:

"pck"= pkg (package),
    "knowledge, methods and science MAY HAVE CHANGED, BUT I'M DETERMINED..."
    "...grandmother X50" and
    "...search through dozens OF ENTRIES...."!!!)
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    peterndebb wrote: »
    I have a thyroid that is packing on my weight this is the heaviest I have ever been and not feeling well tired so I joined the gym and I am vitamins trying to feel n look better.

I have Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroid disease), and I lost the weight just like everybody else—by eating fewer calories than I burn. Learn to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Logging works.

I followed the advice in the Sexypants post: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1