Had VGS July 20... Very slow weight loss! Help!

I'm trying very hard to follow all the "rules"... Started water aerobics...eating about 800 calories a day...drinking as much water as possible...forcing the protein shakes down ( I average 16oz a day)....only lost 17 lbs since surgery! Very discouraged. Any insight? Any friends?

Replies

• RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Are you kidding? 17lbs in 6 weeks is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done girl :)
  • healthykkwood
    healthykkwood Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks....but I'm wanting to feel better....my knees kill me every day, as I'm a teacher....I can't wait to get more off so I can stop hurting!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    It will come if you keep doing what you are doing. Just think in 6 little weeks you put 17lbs less strain on to your joints than normal.
    Then in another six weeks you could have a whopping 30+ lbs off your joints. Think how quick your summer holiday flies if your teacher? It is a very small amount of time in the grand scheme of things.

Smile, allow yourself to enjoy your success, it really is a MASSIVE loss :)
  • shadowconn
    shadowconn Posts: 141 Member
    edited August 2015
    Maybe talk to your doctor. I was thinking like everyone else . . . THen I looked up VGS . . . gastric sleeve. Which means you qualified for such a surgery. Which means (I swear no offense) you were really big. You're right. You should have lost more. I would advise talking to your doctor and maybe finding out your base metabolic rate. muscle to fat ratio . . . Those types of things. I'm guessing you have a metabolism problem somewhere.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    shadowconn wrote: »
    Maybe talk to your doctor. I was thinking like everyone else . . . THen I looked up VGS . . . gastric sleeve. Which means you qualified for such a surgery. Which means (I swear no offense) you were really big. You're right. You should have lost more. I would advise talking to your doctor and maybe finding out your base metabolic rate. muscle to fat ratio . . . Those types of things. I'm guessing you have a metabolism problem somewhere.

Your goggling the success stories that they want you to read. People even have weight gains. 17lbs is a great loss at this stage but great advise to have a chat with the Dr.