Fatso

Options
day 1, gained 30 lbs in a year and a half. Got to shed this weight.

Replies

• hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I started by cutting out soda and logging my meals... The healthy eating and exercising ( FOR FREE!!! - YouTube videos) eventually came into the picture
  • Damien_Scott
    Damien_Scott Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've lost 27lbs so far in 40 days just by being at a 1000 calorie deficit. It fluctuates a bit from week to week but It's still a steady trend downward.
    • GET A CHEAP DIGITAL FOOD SCALE
    • GET MEASURING CUPS AND SPOONS
    • PLAN YOUR DAY AROUND YOUR BIGGEST MEAL! If you want a nice burger and a SMALL amount of fries, then count it out and use your remaining calories to coast through the rest of the day.
    • I don't exercise any more than I did before and I didn't change my diet all that much.
    • I did cut out all cookies, chips, pastas and most breads soda and other empty calories.
    • Use things such as Flatout wraps instead of bread when you want a sandwich. It frees up an extra 50+ calories for a minimal change.
    • Find lower calorie alternatives to your favorite dressings and condiments for more wiggle room.
    • Watch "fat free" and "low calorie" crap. It tends to be sky high in sodium to maintain some flavor.
    • Aim to get your 90grams of protein every day. Your body burns as many calories processing it as you would burn running 3 1/2 miles... plus it's good for your muscles while you lose weight.
    • Don't be discouraged by daily fluctuations in your weight. Water and Waste retention have a big impact on how much you weigh at various times throughout the day/week. Twice now I've gone a full week without losing anything only to drop 3-5 lbs the next.
    • Encourage yourself by looking at before and after pictures of other people that have succeeded: https://www.reddit.com/r/progresspics and get more info at https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit
  • ellensue553
    ellensue553 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've lost 27lbs so far in 40 days just by being at a 1000 calorie deficit. It fluctuates a bit from week to week but It's still a steady trend downward.
    • PLAN YOUR DAY AROUND YOUR BIGGEST MEAL! If you want a nice burger and a SMALL amount of fries, then count it out and use your remaining calories to coast through the rest of the day.
    • I don't exercise any more than I did before and I didn't change my diet all that much.
    • I did cut out all cookies, chips, pastas and most breads soda and other empty calories.
    • Use things such as Flatout wraps instead of bread when you want a sandwich. It frees up an extra 50+ calories for a minimal change.
    • Find lower calorie alternatives to your favorite dressings and condiments for more wiggle room.
    • Watch "fat free" and "low calorie" crap. It tends to be sky high in sodium to maintain some flavor.
    • Aim to get your 90grams of protein every day. Your body burns as many calories processing it as you would burn running 3 1/2 miles... plus it's good for your muscles while you lose weight.
    • Don't be discouraged by daily fluctuations in your weight. Water and Waste retention have a big impact on how much you weigh at various times throughout the day/week. Twice now I've gone a full week without losing anything only to drop 3-5 lbs the next.
    • Encourage yourself by looking at before and after pictures of other people that have succeeded: https://www.reddit.com/r/progresspics and get more info at https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit

If you seriously want a better life for yourself you have to say goodbue to "a nice burger and a few fries". That is not real food. That is staying aboard the fat train. Look at fast food and fat laden meals as carnival food. If it looks like it would be sold at the local fair...dont eat it. If you want to be desired by your mate and respected by family, friends and collegues eat quality food and give up starch and sugar. You will thank me. Also make time for quality exercise. No..not walking at 2.5 mph for 15 minutes. 1 hour of sweat induced running or fast walking (bad knews and all just squat slightly while doing it to take the pressure off your too fat knees) followed by squats and some upper body. Do not say you have no time. If you arent bullshitting with the "I want to change" you will make it a priority. Quit making excuses and jump on board the fit and awesome train.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

If you seriously want a better life for yourself you have to say goodbue to "a nice burger and a few fries". That is not real food. That is staying aboard the fat train. Look at fast food and fat laden meals as carnival food. If it looks like it would be sold at the local fair...dont eat it. If you want to be desired by your mate and respected by family, friends and collegues eat quality food and give up starch and sugar. You will thank me. Also make time for quality exercise. No..not walking at 2.5 mph for 15 minutes. 1 hour of sweat induced running or fast walking (bad knews and all just squat slightly while doing it to take the pressure off your too fat knees) followed by squats and some upper body. Do not say you have no time. If you arent bullshitting with the "I want to change" you will make it a priority. Quit making excuses and jump on board the fit and awesome train.

What a load. A nice burger is a perfectly balanced meal. Just because it's piled up in a bun doesn't make it evil. This ridiculous categorization of food as bad leads to failure. Weight loss = less calories in than you burn. Moderation on things you love is sensible. And there is NO reason to give up starch and sugar, aside from allergies. That's just fear mongering.
  • oh_happy_day
    oh_happy_day Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options

What a load. A nice burger is a perfectly balanced meal. Just because it's piled up in a bun doesn't make it evil. This ridiculous categorization of food as bad leads to failure. Weight loss = less calories in than you burn. Moderation on things you love is sensible. And there is NO reason to give up starch and sugar, aside from allergies. That's just fear mongering.

Agreed. That's just load of myths and cr*p. Eat a nice burger if it fits into your calories. There's no need to run for an hour a day unless you want to. I don't and I'm still fit and strong.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Some of this was okay - some was ridiculous. Once you're using a food scale - ditch the measuring cups and spoons - it's not accurate to measure, much more accurate to weigh your food. You don't need to cut out any foods, just reduce your portions to fit them into your calorie goals. No food is 'empty calories'.
    Not all 'fat free' and reduced calorie foods are bad or high in sugar or sodium - pretty much all dairy that is reduced in or free of fat is just fine, for instance. Just check labels.